Are You Serious? was a Web Original show produced by WWE, airing on the company's YouTube page. The series features former WWE superstar Road Dogg and current WWE commentator Josh Mathews being forced to watch not-so-great wrestling clips from the annals of wrestling history. They're inexplicably joined by a puppet Triple H that's been dubbed "Puppet H". The series amounts to basically a web video version of the WrestleCrap site combined with Mystery Science Theater 3000, but it's proven to be the more popular of WWE's YouTube efforts.
Tropes appearing in this work
- A Day in the Limelight: The last episode of Are You Serious was hosted by Puppet H when Road Dogg and Josh Matthews were locked out of the vault... and decided to just leave.
- The Nicknamer: Road Dogg gives Josh a new nickname every week.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever Road Dogg and Josh did to end up in the Vault.
- Old Shame: See Take That Us.
- Smart Mark: Parodied with the puppet character Smart Mark, aka Mark, who claims to be "very smart." Unsurprisingly he was presented as a full-fledged Basement-Dweller.
- Take That!: The entire series is dedicated to taking potshots at some of wrestling's dumbest moments, many of which come from WCW. No wonder one of the show's regular sections was dedicated to proving that "WCW ruins everything".
- The aforementioned Smark Mark character is one of many examples of WWE programming taking shots at internet wrestling fans. It's rare you'll see a company directly insult their most passionate (and money-spending) fans as much as the WWE does.
- Take That Us: However, WWE isn't above putting the microscope on themselves, and both Road Dogg and Josh Matthews' more embarrassing moments have been on the program as well.
- Both Road Dogg and Josh like to take shots - usually weight-related ones - at Billy Kidman, a retired wrestler who hasn't been seen on air for several years but who works backstage for WWE.