Anime Abomination was an anime review series by John West, aka, "Don East." Unlike most internet reviewers, he uses Linkara's method of reviewing anime one episode per video, with some exceptions. The series ran between 2009 to 2014. Ending when Blip, the video service he used, had went under. However the series lives on through his blog, Don East Unleashed. He also used to live-tweet Toonami shows, but decided to stop watching after the block dropped One Piece and due to a lack of interesting shows. His current project is 50 Weeks of Anime, where he watches a short-running series over every weekend in 2017.
This series, along with Don East's other projects, contain examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: Most of the time.
- Accidental Pervert: A Pet-Peeve Trope of his.
- Actually Pretty Funny:
- In the second episode of Girls Bravo, he admitted it was an improvement over the first episode due to giving Kirie more character development and her epic beatdown of Fukuyama.
- He surprisingly praised Accel World, despite how much he despised its sister series, mostly due to Haru being a more intentionally flawed protagonist than Kirito.
- Author Appeal:
- "Hi, it's me, Don East, and welcome to another edition of Anime Abomination," which is his opening line.
- For a while, he would say "[X] is a Go" whenever he live-tweeted shows.
- "Ladies and gentlemen, yes," usually in response to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Crossover: With The Cartoon Hero on occasion.
- Deadpan Snarker: Don himself, as well as Patomon.
- Dude, Not Funny!:
- Early Installment Weirdness: In his earlier reviews, he used to wear a Naruto headband. Later on, he switched it out for Ryu's headband because it was easier to put on.
- Hypocritical Humor: During his Doozy Bots review, he takes offense to the token overweight member of the team always thinking about food, before taking a bite of a chocolate bar.
- Padding: The issue he had with Sleeping With Hanako, which spent several minutes focusing on the titular character's body while she slept.
- Shout-Out: He's very fond of Mystery Science Theater 3000.