Andrew Klavan on the Culture, or more shortly known as Klavan on the Culture is a series of short video clips by the internet TV channel PJTV.com starring (you guessed it) the conservative writer and commentator Andrew Klavan. The videos had Klavan as a commentator on the video poking fun at liberals by either outright showing the flaws in their arguments or sometimes through Stealth Parody. Klavan's topic of rants tend to varies from high taxes, religion, political figures, and many more.
Tropes on these videos:
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison: A variation was done when he was comparing Barack Obama to Jesus:Klavan: There are important similarities between our dear saviour and Jesus.
- Chewbacca Defense: Discussed here.
- Cool Old Guy: Andrew keeps himself well-up on pop culture (apropos for a show such as this), and a major theme of his work involves the link between entertainment and politics.
- Deadpan Snarker: Andrew Klavan himself.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Sometimes one way the videos drive home a political aesop is through a metaphor.
- Dramatic Thunder: When Klavan said "Hooray for Satan." It Makes Sense in Context.
- Hollywood History: Complained about it and its effects, here.
- Hypocritical Humor: In the "Fun with Anti-Semitism" video which criticizes anti-semitism, Klavan made an "anti-semitic" comment and had a horn sounded on him.
- Mind Screw: Intentionally invoked in this video.
- Old Media Are Evil: Many of the videos criticize the mainstream media.
- Political Correctness Gone Mad: A common theme in the videos.
- Religion of Evil: Satanism.Klavan: Satanism, after all, is the religion of peace.(a possessed girl turned her head 180 degrees)Klavan: Okay, maybe it's the religion of unspeakable evil.
- Shout-Out: Klavan made some reference to films, comic books and video games in the videos. Appropriate, as he is also well-known for his successful screenplays (like True Crime) and his novels adapted into movies (like Don't Say a Word and A Shock To The System).
- Speaking Simlish: Done in one when Andrew Klavan is trying to make sense of a liberal argument.
- Stealth Parody: Some of the videos are this.
- Title Drop: "Hi, this is Andrew Klavan on the Culture."
- Zombie Apocalypse: Parodied. "It's the night, of the living government!"