Anastasia/Quasimodo We Hit a Wall is a Non/Disney fanvid by JoleenAlice. It uses the songs "Forgotten September" by Two Steps from Hell and "We Hit A Wall" by Chelsea Wolfe. Despite its name, it isn't a shipping video. Anastasia and Quasimodo are siblings.
Anastasia and Quasimodo Tremaine are two siblings of noble blood. However, they're looked down upon for their unconventional looks. One day, both siblings are invited to the exclusive societies of nobility's offspring. Their peers, however, won't recognize them as one of their own due to the siblings being "too ugly". They bully and mock them. Feeling unwanted, Anastasia and Quasimodo run off together. Everything changes that night when their fairy godmother - who unbeknownst to anyone, was pretending to be their housemaid - grants the pair's wishes to never be teased for their looks again. The two are transformed into more conventionally attractive people and are finally accepted by their peers, however it comes at a price.
Anastasia/Quasimodo We Hit a Wall provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Quasimodo and Anastasia's parents patronize them for their looks.
- Adaptation Name Change: Downplayed. Frollo's name is changed to "Claude Frollo Tremaine", making "Frollo" his middle name.
- All There in the Manual: The description tells the story more in-depth than the video and mentions a few miscellaneous plot points.
- Crossover: Between several films but most prominently between Cinderella and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Bittersweet Ending: Quasimodo and Anastasia are turned back into their normal selves, however Esmeralda is still burned alive after being falsely accused of witchcraft. In turn they run away from home for good.
- Bullying the Disabled: Quasimodo's deformity and disabilities cause others to look down upon him.
- Burn the Witch!: Esmeralda is accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake.
- Driven to Suicide: Frollo kills himself after Esmeralda's execution.
- Fairy Godmother: Cinderella is Anastasia and Quasimodo's fairy godmother. She had been living with them, disguised as a housemaid, for a while before she revealed her true form.
- Gypsy Curse: Frollo's wife falsely accuses Esmeralda of using "gypsy magic" on her children. This leads to Esmeralda being burned for witchcraft.
- One Mario Limit: Subverted in a meta fashion. Anastasia from Cinderella turns into Anastasia from Anastasia.
- The Mistress: The story starts wifh Lady Tremaine finding out about her husband's mistress, Esmeralda.
- Named by the Adaptation: Quasimodo is given the surname "Tremaine".
- Related in the Adaptation:
- Quasimodo and Anastasia are siblings. Frollo and Lady Tremaine are their parents.
- Odette and Phoebus are siblings.
- Transplanted Character Fic: The story only loosely ties into the characters original stories.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: Cinderella and Anastasia aren't step-sisters anymore. Cinderella is Anastasia's Fairy Godmother.