Take one part metalhead, take another part big time gamer nerd whatever the fuck, throw in some morbid humor, and a dash of not ever giving a flying fuck and you essentially have a recipe that is me.....AlphaOmegaSin.
His description of himself on Tumblr
This web video series provides examples of:
- Barbarian Long Hair: He's a Metalhead. It's quite appropriate.
- Cluster F-Bomb: He swears non-stop in his videos, but whenever he goes into serious rants about things, it goes up to eleven.
- Deadpan Snarker: Alpha is incredibly snarky in his videos and it's part of what makes his videos so much fun.
- Drugs Are Bad: Tells kids not to do drugs (and then sarcastically says that sounds convincing) at the end of his video talking about the Nintendo drug in the Netherlands.
- Face Palm: His introduction to a rant on Metal Gear Survive has him watching the trailer, slowly leaning down and putting his face into his hands.
- Flipping the Bird: Also whenever he goes into serious rants about things, sometimes combined with the Cluster F-Bomb. He also has a tiny 8-bit graphic image of himself holding up two middle fingers that appears in one of his intros.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Just about anything can piss off Alpha, but most notably can be the media ragging on gamers or metalheads, parents who treat their kids horribly or do something to them, Anita Sarkeesian, abuse or stupid business from video game companies, or corporate greed with potential chilling effects on free speech. Other hot topics for him include people getting a grossly unnecessary sentence for whatever crime (especially if it's really petty) they commit, truly abhorrent people either getting away scot free or receiving a truly pathetic punishment that might as well be a slap on the wrist, a lack of common sense in just about any situation, and especially "social justice warriors".
- Heroic BSoD:
- Has a temporary one when he sees the various photos people have made with the Model Viewer in Natsuiro High School.
- He has another brief one when he sees the Young Conker HoloLens presentation... followed by one of his usual rants.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He may swear like a sailor, but he's a pretty nice guy who often tries to stand up for the people that get oppressed that he rants about; just don't push his buttons.
- Metalhead: Describes himself as this. He's got the long hair associated with metalheads, and is often seen wearing heavy metal band T-shirts in his videos.
- Oh, Crap!: Alpha's reaction to the idea that his Nintendo Wii might be demon-possessed during his video report about a Wii setting itself on fire in an RV, complete with King Bowser's face laughing as it irises out from an image of his Wii in a display case.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He's most of the time either called "Alpha" or "AOS", since nobody knew his name for the first five years of his YouTube presence. Even since then, he mostly refers to himself using his username instead of his real name.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Whenever a serious event like the death of someone from the gaming industry arises, he will almost never swear or raise his voice, and he usually doesn't include an intro to the video. See this video on the death of Satoru Iwata for an example.
- Papa Wolf: He has a son, and whenever a topic involving Abusive Parents comes into play, he gets quite angry regarding the thought of any of that trauma happening to his own kid.
- Signing-Off Catchphrase: At the end of most of his videos: "This is AlphaOmegaSin! As always, nerds, nerdettes, and gamers, game the fuck on!" If the target of his rant is acting like a bunch of assclowns, he will follow it with "...except you, <$offender>. Fuck you."
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Seriously, if you didn't learn the Seven Dirty Words from George Carlin, you will from AlphaOmegaSin.
- On a Rerez video featuring him: "CAUTION: AlphaOmegaSin might swear. A lot."
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: One of the many things he dislikes about gaming is when people copy other people's ways, then they are considered "a bitch in their shadow".
- Tranquil Fury: If he's not ranting loudly and angry, he's this. He can often go from yelling and screaming to quiet, solemn fury in the same video.