The storyline is quite simple: A wide variety of characters are asked by one of four Guardians to help them to save their world from a creature named Toxen who has taken away their king. The name is a pun of the word "toxin", so his (its?) powers are quite obvious.
Fin - Guardian of Fire, and a former king
- Fisher King: well, honestly this isn't exactly the case but after his death things start to fall apart.
- Playing with Fire: As the Guardian of Fire, this is a given.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Literally.
Mother - Guardian of Plants and Life
- Mother Nature: ...Duh.
- Eyes Always Shut: It makes you wonder if Mother ever bumps into any walls...
- Or what will happen if she opens them...
- Friend to All Living Things: After all, she IS the Guardian of Plants and Life.
- Fertile Feet: Kinda obvious.
- Green Thumb: In a "punny" way, and a literal way.
Grivor - Guardian of Earth
Aiga - Guardian of Water
Maeve - Guardian of Air
- Bratty Half-Pint: Maeve. Shortest of the Guardians and the most immature.
- Blow You Away: The clouds and sky bow down to this girl.
- Little Miss Snarker: She apparently has a bit of an attitude.
This OCT contains examples of the following tropes:
- Another Dimension: Enough said.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: For the Guardians.
- The Beautiful Elite: All the Guardians are handsome/gorgeous or very aesthetically pleasing.
- Death Mountain: Setting of Round 3, where the remaining contestants must scale the massive volcano.
- Elemental Powers: The Guardians themselves.
- Five-Man Band:
- Garden of Evil: And how!
- Grimy Water: Setting of Round 1, where the contestants must cross in boats.
- The Lost Woods: Setting of Round 2, albeit most of the flora should be dead and the fauna, dangerous.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Fin's Blue to Aiga's Red.
- There Can Be Only One: A surprising three way battle for the finalists, and not the usual two, but there is only one first place winner, the subsequent two shall be placed in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: One of the contestants, Gabija, is deathly afraid of water. Guess where Round 1 is going to be!
- What, did you forget Pogo!?
The Official Contestants
- Creator: Artic-Moon Intro: 
- Creator: Blyu-dono Intro: 
Dot G. Kacher and Miles Lawrence
- Creators: CirrusDark and TheEverlastingnight Intro 
- Anti-Hero: Miles seems to be a Type V.
- Batter Up!: For whatever reason, Dot has a baseball bat as a weapon.
- Deal with the Devil: Miles has one arranged with the Devil, and is meant to serve him for eternity.
- Gender-Blender Name: *snicker* Dot is still a girl's name.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Dot. With practically everyone. Except one person.
- Creator: 666gothchick666 Intro 
- Creator: Kat-a-line Intro 
- Berserk Button: Mistake Mycolo for a woman and you'll be dealing with one pissy mushroom.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Mycolo is definitely a jerk, but he does seem to care about others to a certain degree.
- He saves Gabija from drowning (This is canon in Kat-A-Line's entries) and hands her off to Sa-Rang for medical treatment in exchange for a piece of mushroom from his head. Unfortunately he didn't even bother telling Sa-Rang that he was EXTREMELY poisonous and using a piece of himself for one of her potions would more than likely end up killing someone. Whoops!
- Magic Mushroom: Mycolo's a person who's species originate from mushrooms.
- Creator: Chiricho Intro 
Draco-Vampiress and Chase
- Creator: Draco-vampress Intro 
- Creator: Lovenu Intro 
- HeelFace Turn: Viola is a humanoid virus who wants to be friends with humans.
Nevermind and Myren jr.
- Creator: Britbau Intro 
- Ambiguous Gender: Nevermind's entire species, though Nevermind thinks of itself as a male.
Argent and Solune
- Creator: Timidemerald Intro 
- Creator: Taplaos Intro 
Nightly and Mr. Giggles
- Creator: Jugum Intro 
- Mind Rape: Nightly uses a hallucination technique on Miles in R2 to immobilize him into shock.
- Nightmare Fetishist
- White Mask of Doom: Giggles has one.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Nightly is a connoisseur of souls, and can instantly tell the quality of one's inner soul. She actively pursues the ones she likes.
Gaby and Picte
- Creator: Clock-workable Intro 
- Asexuality: Clock has stated outside the OCT that Ralph is Asexual.
- Handicapped Badass: He has only one arm, one eye and a broken leg, But is still a capable fighter.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ralph may be a jerk, and sarcastic, pragmatic when it comes to helping strangers. But it's implied that deep down, he's very loyal to the people he cares about.
- Knight in Sour Armor
Necro and Cadi
- Creators: Artistincompre and TheSugarEater Intro 
- Amazing Technicolor Population: It is implied that all Positive Duality Aliens are like Cadi.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Cadi. She has been to known to switch to random subjects in conversation at any moment.
- The Dark Side: Quite literally. Necro used to live one the dark Side of the world, where he and Cadi came from.
- The Ingenue: Cadi.
- Creator: Dudumsomnium Intro 
- Butt-Monkey: Locke is pretty much the epitome of bad luck. He's a big klutz and always manages to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, and is often the butt of jokes. Because of this, he has just about zero self-confidence and goes into ridiculous depressive mood swings.
- Creator: Tenkyougan Intro 
Shink and Bossle
Sa-rang and Pyong Hwa
- Creators: Andidote and xXBirdFireXx Intro 
Sparky and Clair
- Creator: Nightshadered Intro 
- Don Quixote: Edgar thinks that he's a knight, city where he lives is a kindgom, citizens are peasant and Grivor is a king.
- Creator: Charanty Intro 
- Ambiguous Gender: Alva's species reproduces through a form of telepathy, so in its case it is both male and female.
- Dead All Along: And also Dead to Begin With: Alva's afterlife was far from quiet rest.
- Ghost Amnesia
- Unicorn: Well, Alva doesn't exactly look like one, but indirectly its creator points out that it might be a unicorn.
Monte and Twosets
- Creator: Lycanthreauxp Intro