The Mark Side is a series by the Youtube and Tumblr artist Saveraedae. The series itself's future is currently indefinite at the time, and there is currently one episode of a cancelled Youtube series based off of it available. Though there were two other produced episodes, they were never released. The pilot, an audio only, was released June 13, 2016 on her Youtube channel and is currently unavailable. The one released episode became available on December 4, 2016. The current series follows the unlucky and somewhat strange life of Mark Reed after the events of when he almost killed his brother. After the events, the three other main characters (friends that Mark had gained prior to the series) left him since they finally decided that they've all had enough of him. Mark eventually manages to drag the others back to him, and the series showcases his life as it seems to get progressively worse.
This series contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Mark's father, (who is technically his stepfather), downright tells him that he hates him and even pysically abuses him at times.
- Born Unlucky: Mark is entirely unfortunate.
- Character Title: The series is a pun of "The Dark Side" using Mark's name as a replacement word.
- Child by Rape: Mark was conceived by a rape caused by his 'real' father, whom of which he does not know exists.
- Disappeared Dad: Mark's whole life had been a lie and his real father is currently somewhere in Dallas.
- Grew a Spine: Ash had been attempting to put off Mark's blatant hatred towards him, but eventually had enough of him.
- Kiddie Kid: Mark definitely does not act his age.
- Love Triangle: Has happened twice, once with Benjamin, Mark and Ash, and once with Benjamin, Luke, and Mark.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: Mark usually wears an oversized hoodie which has exceptionally long sleeves.
- The Mentally Disturbed: It has been confirmed that Mark has some type of personality disorder. It is thought to be Borderline or Histrionic, but perhaps it is a combination of both.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Benjamin and Jonathon are nothing alike despite being twins.
- Spoiled Brat: Although Mark obviously doesn't deserve most of the things he's given, his mother decides to spoil him out of pity.
- Technicolor Eyes: Mark
- The Friend Nobody Likes: Mark's friends, (before they eventually cut ties with him) felt this way about him.
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: During the first arc of the series, Mark had a strange romantic fixation on Benjamin.
- Wiki Rule: There's a wiki right here.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Funnily enough, Leon acts quite mature for his age, which counters Mark's behavior entirely.