The Chosen Journals is a Creepypasta written by Chelseaadams524 (Author of Happy Sun Daycare, A Bright Flash, and Since The Incident)
In the story, an unnamed narrator tells the audience of his (or her) daily life as an exterminator of sorts. However, he/she doesn't hunt down rats or cockroaches. Rather, the narrator is part of a group of humans with the special ability to track down and kill shapeshifting monstrosities. These people are known as the "Chosen". Each entry in the diary tells of his/her hunting down a different monster (known as an "Ancient"), the forms the monsters take, and of a enigmatic entity known as "Thac" (Pronounced "Tock").
Can be read here.
The Chosen Journals provides examples of-
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Ancients in general tend to shapeshift into various ordinary things in order to blend in with society.
- Anti-Hero: Thac, possibly. It's not made clear what his motives are or even if he has any.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The only way to kill an Ancient is by destroying its "core", which acts as a sort of brain/heart for the creature.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Ancients.
- Humanoid Abomination: One Ancient has taken the form of a man. Likewise, Thac can take the form of a business man.
- Hunter of His Own Kind: Thac. Subverted in that he may not be an Ancient but something else entirely.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to other Creepypastas, this one is noticeably lighter in tone. It still contains elements of horror, however.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Thac. Though, he isn't technically a dragon. He's a shapeshifting entity that only looks like a plush dragon.
- No-Sell: It's subtly implied that Thac may not be killed the same way a normal Ancient would (IE: Destroying the core) due to him possibly not being an Ancient but an entirely different creature altogether.
- ShapeShifting: All Ancients have the ability to disguise themselves as some ordinary thing and transform into their true forms.
- Thac takes this further by being able to shift between his plush toy form, a humanoid form, and his true form (Though we never find out what that is).