The Race of Aleria is an Original Character Tournament currently starting its second round on the site deviantART. As its name kindly announces, the premise is that competitors are to race each other] to reach a teleporter to take them to the next phase of the race, all in the world of Aleria.
The point of this is to select one being who'll have the honor to slay the dictator dragons that had once ruled over their civilization (whom had been thought to be dead but turned out not to be) in return for money, fame and keeping the dragons' hides - which are also worth a lot of money in themselves.
This OCT provides examples of:
- Clear My Name: She's blamed for a crime she didn't commit at her home planet and wants to be clear of those accusations.
- Living Lie Detector: Sharp hearing plus lots of life experience make her tell immediately if somebody lies.
- Our Demons Are Different: Warm, playful, loving, but still a demon.
- Playing with Fire: Not just a fire-spitter able to Kill It with Fire, but able to ignite her whole body ablaze.
- Hollywood Chameleons: Chigi is very good at using his moods to exactly match his environment.
- Adorkable: Because no matter who you are or what you believe in, her silly ways make others in the 'verse go "d'aww"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Not usually, but with situations where a simple 'damn it!' would suffice, he has a persistent habit of becoming... creative with his word choice and swears like a sailor.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Known only as Talkbot. Talkbot didn't like his real name.
- MacGyvering: She can make gadgets out of bizarre tools, it seems.
- For the Lulz: He's a comedian. A bad one at that. But he does everything for his audience.
- Verbal Tic: Adding ku at the end of the sentence.00000 Who has a verbal tic-ku? Are you talking about me-ku?
- Split Personality: Is it her? Is it a demon? Is it her mother? The world will never know.
- Aliens Speaking English: Averted. Symphony speaks "Fairy Cat", and while she has taken lessons to understand Alerian, she cannot speak it, and many Fairy Cats find it difficult to make the sounds required for it.
- Call a Smeerp a "Rabbit": Symphony's species has been dubbed "Fairy Cats" by the rest of the universe, yet they are neither fairies nor cats, and they do not really resemble either.
- Applied Phlebotinum: His e.ghost forms are an example of advanced technology.
- Gentle Giant: He's tall, intimidating and strong; but also soft-spoken, well-mannered, and nature-loving.
- Artificial Limbs: Grey has prosthetic legs.
- The Stoic: Her expression never changes. Her tone never changes. She is like a piece of stone governing Aleria.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Riley may seem caustic, but really she just doesn't want to get too close to the contestants when any of them could die at any time.
- Gone Horribly Right: Early in the match, Chi sets a lake of neoketazol on fire, knowing that it would trigger an underground explosion large enough to make the dirt beneath her and her opponent to collapse. Later on, the same fire causes another, BIGGER underground explosion that nearly gets herself (and her opponent) killed.
- No Indoor Voice: THIS ROUND HAS A LOT OF MANLY SHOUTING BETWEEN MANLY FURRY BROWN THINGS OF MANLINESS!
- Eyepatch of Power: Kysar got her eye injured during the battle, and wound up going to surgery.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The teleportation specifically makes Leah forget who her opponent is, presumably as a form of Revision on the writer's part to get rid of a mistake he'd previously made regarding the OCT's rules.
- Fate Worse than Death: Being absorbed by a dying nature guardian—losing your body, soul, mind and eventually self-sentientness as a result.
02. Echo vs Hawthorn