Ninjagoland, also known as Ninjagoland: A Summer RP Event, is an on-going play by post style Role-Playing Game over on Tumblr.
When the Time Twins crash into our world, it's up to a dedicated group of Ninjago fans to stop the timelines of Earth and their favorite show from catastrophically colliding!
The catch? They're all on a vacation to Disneyland!
Yes, the premise is essentially Crack Fic, but it's way better than it sounds.
[Ninjagoland] contains examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: Minor. There's references to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge still being under construction along with some other changes in the Parks that date the story to 2018, although it's still being played in 2019. Not to mention that Ninjago has released 3 more seasons than were out at the time of the original writing.
- Extremely Short Timespan: The arrival of Krux and Acronix, the Nindroid attack, the Great Devourer being awakened, and Morro summoning the Preeminent all take place over the span of a single day.
- Foreshadowing: The group hears what seems to be a little girl screaming during the Devourer's attack..... haha, thought I'd give the twist that easily!?
- Berserk Button: Whatever "the jacket incident" is triggers this in Kris by even just mentioning it.
- Continuity Cavalcade: The entire story is a love letter to both Ninjago and the Disney Parks, so there's plenty of references to both of their histories.
- Crazy-Prepared: Jade. She whips up an impressive array of watery defenses at just the thought of a ghost attack being possible!
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Every time the group ends up on a ride, you can guarantee it will end up like this.
- Jumped at the Call: After our heroes receive a call from Samurai X 2.0, they all wordlessly agree to help stop the Time Twins.
- Villainous Crush: Morro seems to develop one on Kris. The feeling's mutual.