The INK Asylum.
Enter a world where you yourself are the mystery; Who are you? What are you? Travel the hallways of Ink Asylum as you try to regain pieces of your memory, encountering friend and foe alike. Each victory will bring you one step closer to regaining who you are...and one step closer to unraveling the mysteries of Ink!
Basic Tropes in INK:
- Alien Sky The sky ranges from purple to a pinkish-violet color.
- Amnesiac Hero: And a couple of amnesiac villains too.
- Break the Cutie: The random number generator whipped up a few first round match-ups that seem destined for this.
- Dark World: Subverted. It's usually night, but there can be brief moments of daytime.
- Living Memory: Duh.
- Not in Kansas Anymore: All the contestants pretty much wake up with this reaction.
- Questfor Identity: The point of the whole OCT.
Warden Atramenti/The Warden:
- Creator: mixmaster163
- Shapeshifting: He can take the form of a an anthropomorphic cat, a real cat, and a small boy.
- Cats Are Magic: see above trope.
- High-Class Glass: Even his child form wears a Monocle!
- The Insomniac: He has dark circles under his eyes... even in his cat form!
N and K:
- Creator: nightingale628
- Cheerful Child: Complete with cap hat and school shorts.
- Undead Child: Though he's quite solid for a ghost.
- Cute Ghost Girl: Though not very social.
- Emotionless Girl: and boy
- Big Brother Is Watching: Or big sister, she watches over a hundred screens and makes sure no-ones breaking any rules.
- The Ghost: I is mentioned and is up for interpretation, but is unknown.
- Yaoi Fangirl: now canon
- Creator: thedemonsurfer
- Berserk Button: Speaking to Io in Italian leads him to become manic and beyond console.
- Broken Record: "Io non ti amo come fossi rosa di sale, o topazio, o la freccia cremisi che il fuoco scocca. Ti amo come certe cose oscure siano da essere amate, in segreto, fra l'ombra e l'anima." This is the only thing he knows how to say.
- Creator: sonadorrey
- Beware the Nice Ones: Smia is usually a kind, calm person, but if you push her too far...
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Upon using her special ability.
- Creator: rubymight
- Artificial Limbs: His left arm is robotic
- Neat Freak: Jude must have everything organized
- Super OCD: Must have everything organized
Cara and Gatz:
- Creator: fox7xd
- Lie to the Beholder: Only Cara knows how Gatz really looks like. Everyone else's perception of him depends on the person.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Cara, of course.
Clarie and Rio: 
- Creator: taplaos
- Machine Monotone
- Robot Buddy: Rio only listens to Clarie.
- He can even comb her hair.
Tropes regarding various patients
There are over 38 patients currently in Ink Asylum:
Aidin Trut & Aurelio
- Creator: comical-cali
- Boxing Kangaroo: Martial arts is more like it, but close enough.
- Kangaroos Represent Australia: Aidin, and you know it!
- Parrot Pet Position: Cockatoo is more like it.
Alexander & Dameon 
Alice & Jason
- Writer: scribblesngibberish Artist: white-rabbitz
- Bodyguard Babes: Alice... (Then later Laithia, the lucky bastard.)
- Dragon with an Agenda: That contract is the only thing keeping Jason safe from her.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Alice, nuff' said.
- Teen Genius: Jason is 17. Yeah.
- Freudian Excuse: Jason's childhood wasn't exactly picture-perfect.
- Creator: artic-moon
- Blue Blood: He's an aristocrat.
- Badass Longcoat: The coat has a magical charm on it that deflects any malevolent force. So not only does it look cool, it's functional!
- Bishōnen: Actually written into his character. Not just because of the artist's art style.
- Something About a Rose: Indeed it is a typical Bishōnen trait, but the rose is actually his family's crest, so everyone has to wear one. Besides, the only one he has is the one on his tie.
Ava & Junko
Bastion Feral 
- Creator: flykiwifly
- Yandere: He'll break your legs to ensure you'll NEVER be able to leave him
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Despite the above statement, you should feel sorry for him.
- Little Bit Beastly: Bastion has cat ears and two tails.
- Creator: kanashi-zeneck
- Shapeshifting: Bloop is not really a wolf, and can transform into other things.
- Funny Animal: can shape into anything.
- Creator: kaylabirdee
- Katanas Are Just Better: Though.. despite the trope stating Katana's being better, he dislikes his.
- Emotional Bruiser: He's emotionally weak.
- Creator: irish-hugz
- Big Brother Instinct
- Crack Pairing: before the OCT even started. (see 'Yaoi Fangirl' above)
- He has a companion named Mollie
- Our Ghosts Are Different: because she's a sheep
- Creator: Daniel belongs to castilen, Vincent belongs to Dalmonite
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: No matter how nice he appears to be toward you, Daniel will not hesitate to eat your soul.
- Friendly Enemy: The two are an unlikely duo as Daniel had tried to kill Vincent. But they did just lose their memories after entering INK, and are now working together.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Stepford Smiler: Daniel is a mix of type B and type C.
Drake Radu 
- Creator: Venomouswolf
- Our Vampires Are Different:
- Power at a Price: The watch can control time, however has caused him to drown. The watch doesn't seem to cope well with being alone.
- Parasol of Pain: Drake's umbrella, which doubles as a shield, a grappling device, and a club.
Farrell Bauernfeind 
- Creator: falceto-rekuri
Fred & Lucu
- Creator: SonicHearts & Majinboo0111.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Lucu so much!
- Floating Limbs:
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Lucu
- Berserk Button: Fred has one.
Hollow Doctor 
- Creator: Ombre-de-clause
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French Oh c'mon...you know it's true.
- Technicolor Eyes: Well pinkish amethyst coloured, and they glow in the dark
- Girl with Psycho Weapon: Was this before she arrived at Ink and woke up without it.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: She wrote on the back of her letter with blood. Too bad she didn't understand it later.
Jun (Julius) Ishiro
- Creator: saiyoki
- Breath Weapon: He can light his breath on fire
- Playing with Fire
- Parental Abandonment
- Rape as Drama
July & Jun-Kay 
- Creator: dragol
- Little Miss Badass: July is indeed quite the little badass.
- Robot Girl: July
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Yeah, July again
- Robot Buddy: Jun-Kay to July
- Creator: coffeegoblet
- Badass Beard: Quite.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: He has a name, he just doesn't remember it.
Laurence & Pheobe
- Creator: tiger-of-the-tundra (Artist: happy-accidents )
- Child Soldiers: Laurence has been training to be a soldier since age eight
- Primal Fear: Pheobe is absolutely terrified of the dark
- Creator: psyco-creep
- Animate Inanimate Object: Lint is a scarecrow
- The Speechless: Lint's mouth is stitched shut and he can only make "mhmhm" sounds
Luke Archer 
- Creator: emerald-moonlight
- Bandage Babe: A rare male variant.
- Chaotic Neutral: Upon losing his memories.
- Confusion Fu: He's not a very predictable guy.
- Insane Equals Violent: He has violent episodes when he sees a mirror, and is said to hallucinate.
- Death Seeker: The main reason why he joined the tourney.
Margarette (Marge) Amery
- Creator: kayetart
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes are blue, but they get redder as she gets angrier and thus more dangerous.
- Creator: hikaru-chan16 (Tagteamer: zykrinnox)
- Headphones Equal Isolation: To an even greater extent than talked of here. She lived in a cave, people.
- Hearing Voices: Broken headphones. Still hears voices. She falls under insane in this trope.
- The Insomniac: It must be clear by the DARK CIRCLES under her eyes that she doesn't get much sleep. (Realistic)
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Well, in a paranoid, sleep-deprived way.
- Creator: tjaimael
- Black Eyes of Evil
- Broken Bird
- Dark Chick
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!
- I See Dead People:
- Near-Death Experience:
Nev'res Forst & Bite Frost 
- Creator: redmoondragon
- Big Eater: Bite sure lives up to his name
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Hidden Heart of Gold / Chivalrous Pervert: Bite so much under that very rough exterior
- Man Whore: Every OCT needs one and Bite will flirt with just about anyone
- The Quiet One: Nev'res majority of the time
- My Instincts Are Showing: Bite. All of the time.
- BrotherSister Incest: More like brother and brother, original cannon Bite had a crush on his little bro Nev'res; he still does despite liking warden as well
- Not Blood Siblings: technically they're not but they're the same species and call each other brothers
- Creator: winterblooddrop
- Creator: TacosaurusRex
- Nice Guy: Despite the fact he looks like an intimidating robot, he doesn't want to fight anyone.
Sureau Ramon 
Turnpike (Pike) Todd 
- Creator: RubyRedux
- Bald Women: Yes, Pike is a girl and she is bald
- Knife Nut: Waking up in the asylum, she believes she may be a serial killer.
- Street Urchin: Pike lives in a box that is frequently stolen
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Many have mistaken Pike for a boy
- Creator: LazyNinjartist
- Dark and Troubled Past: Twist seems very troubled indeed.
- The Faceless: Twist's face is hidden behind a mask he refuses to remove.
- Only the Winning Canon Rounds will be troped. (For the sake of keeping this page neat, and well, accurate to what happened in INK.)
Nev'res & Bite vs. Luke - Winner: Luke 
- Blatant Lies: The reason Luke gave Smia on why he saved Nev'res and Bite.
- Heroic Bystander: Nev'res get's shot protecting Bite.
- Unstoppable Rage: Bite snapped at the sight of a gun.
- The Woobie: Is Luke ever NOT the woobie?
Juve vs. Farrell - Winner: Juve 
Jouel vs. Meo - Winner: Jouel 
- Not a Morning Person: Jouel. Jouel. JOUEL. Seriously.
- Poor Communication Kills: Meo and Jouel's relationship in a nutshell. That happens when you both speak different languages, I guess.
- Dark and Troubled Past: For the both of them, but Jouel's was highlighted more in this round.
- Just in Time: Jouel shanks Meo and wins just in time even though she's not sure what's going on.
- Super Strength: Jouel is a lanky looking chick in a pink shirt. Yet she's crushing steel bed posts, lifting large chunks of rock (with Meo at the same time) and uses a railing bar as a javlin to impale thick cement and stab Meo on the other side. Would you arm wrestle her?
- Weak, but Skilled: Meo has trouble running up stairs and lifting heavy objects. But comes up with the best way to pass the broken stairs and manages to give herself a headstart by tricking Jouel. She THEN sets up a trap within the span of what had to have been minutes.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Meo got shanked. End of story.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Lucu woke Meo up in a way that suggests he has no personal space.
- Break the Cutie: Need I say more?
July & Jun-Kay v.s. Twist - Winner: Twist 
- Conspiracy Theorist: Twist
- Thrown Out the Airlock: Both almost get sucked out the building.
- Crazy-Prepared: Twist sets out to learn as much as he can about every person in Ink, even their names. This comes in damn handy when July tries to lie about her name.
Lint v.s. Bloop - Winner: Bloop 
Sureau v.s. Six - Winner: Sureau 
- RockPaperScissors: Rather than fighting, Sureau and Six play this to determine the winner of their round.
- Defeat Means Friendship: And giant robot side-kick!
Julius v.s Cory - Winner: Cory 
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Well these two should get along-Oh God Julius stop trying to BURN him to death ITS THE FIRST ROUND!
- Reluctant Fighter: Cory, poor kid.
Danny & Vincent v.s. Bastion - Winner: Danny & Vincent: 
- Booby Trap: Vincent has a talent for setting them off.
- Epic Fail: Vincent.
- Staring Contest:
- Defeat Means Friendship: Bastion will not have it any other way.
Kung Fu Hobo vs. Noble - Winner: Noble 
- I Am a Monster: Noble shows the first signs of having this issue.
- I'm Crying, but I Don't Know Why: Sort of, KFH thinks it's because Noble's happy he caught him after stealing wine. It's actually because of a memory Noble recalls after winning the round.
Kannion vs. Ava & Junko - Winner: Kannion 
Hollow Doctor v.s. Pike - Winner: Pike 
- Knife Fight: If this match wasn't a knife fight, I don't know what it was.
- Insane Troll Logic: Yes Pike, you have a kitchen knife, of course that makes you a serial killer.
Alice & Jason v.s Alexander - Winner: Alice & Jason 
- Abusive Parents: That flashback.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Jason was able to deduct that Alex/Dameon had some sort of split personality case going on just by watching.
- Killed Off for Real: Alex/Dameon. The first casualty of the tourney.
- Unnecessary Roughness
- Too Dumb to Live: Poor poor York...
Conway v.s. Marge - Winner: Marge 
- Fake Memories: The first time this happens in INK, but by far not the last.
- If You Kill Him, You Will Be Just Like Him!: With a spin, the reason Conway can't deal the final blow to Marge is because he wants to reject the memories he sees.
Aidin & Aurelio v.s. Drake - Winner: Drake 
- Clock Tower: This match.
- Dark and Troubled Past: We get a glimpse of this through Aidin's flashback.
- Eye Scream: Drake slashes Aidin across the eyes.. with a knife.
- Nosy Neighbor: Lucu, who cameos as this.
- Not Quite Dead: Aidin survives a long fall only to make a comeback.
- Mistaken Identity: Drake initially mistakes Bastion, another contestant, for the Warden of the Asylum.
- Soft Water: Aidin survives a fall from a clock tower by landing in a bale of hay.
Fred & Lucu v.s. Arthur - Winner: Fred & Lucu 
- Chase Scene: Fred, Lucu, and Arthur spend the majority of the round running away from Rio.
- Cranky Neighbor: Drake, who makes a cameo as this.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: Arthur knowingly points Fred and Lucu down a dead end to get ahead himself.
- Dramatic Gun Cock: Arthur to Fred.
- Ship Tease: Between Jude & Cara.
- 30-Second Blackout
Meyer v.s. Laurence & Phoebe - Winner: Meyer 
- Berserk Button: Laurence
- Cute Ghost Girl
- Heroic BSoD: Laurence (poor Laurence, Berserk Button to BSOD in two pages)
- Hostage Situation: Poor Phoebe.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Morphic Resonance: When Meyer's ghost minion shapeshifts to look like other competitors she always has big empty eyes. Additionally, ghosts are drawn in a less realistic style than the rest of the art in the round.
- Kick the Dog: I mean really Meyer? Was pushing Phoebe into the closet and taunting Laurence about it absolutely necessary?
- You Said You Would Let Them Go
- Your Soul is Mine!: Hinted at and threatened...twice. Type One (possibly) with Laurence, Type Two threatened to ghostly minion
Meyer vs. Noble- Winner: Noble 
Marge vs. Pike- Winner: Pike 
- Defeat Means Friendship:
- Elephant in the Living Room: Oh dead guy on the floor, everyone keep dancing.
- Ballroom Blitz: Pike and Marge fight in one.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Sandwich
Alice & Jason vs. Luke- Winner: Luke 
- Battle in the Rain: Font cover of the round.
- Mind Screw: Oh so much more.
- Throw-Away Guns
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
Fred & Lucu vs. Juve- Winner: Juve 
- False Dichotomy: The Warden says Juve can leave whenever he wants, expect he really can't.
- Sliding Scale of Silliness vs. Seriousness: It's Juve vs two cartoon demons, need we say more?
- Possession Implies Mastery: Fred thought so.
- The Woobie: Lucu, your actually cute when not being loud.
Kannion vs. Jouel- Winner: Jouel 
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Poor Pheobe almost gets crushed in a hug.
- Punched Across the Room: Kannion is sent flying in one hit, Jouel is also sent across the room by magic.
- Body Horror: Younger Jouel seems to have a hole in her hand. Present Jouel takes off her one glove to find the healed wound, and reopens it.
- Insanity Defense
- Eye Scream: Kannion gets punched in the eye. Hard.
- Blood from the Mouth: Poor Kannion.
Drake vs. Sureau- Winner: Drake 
- Eye Scream: Drake gets STABBED.
- Asshole Victim: Guess.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: Against a teenage girl, fail Drake.
- Trial by Friendly Fire:
- Face Doodling: Nice eye-patch.
Twist vs. Bloop- Winner: Twist 
- Kick the Dog: Bloop loves his Twisty.
- Criminal Doppelgänger: Bloop
- Defeat Means Friendship: Looks like Twist has a friend for life!
- Tragic Past: Hints of it this round.
Cory vs. Danny & Vincent- Winner: Danny & Vincent 
Danny & Vincent vs. Luke- Winner: Luke 
- Almost Kiss: A rather funny one between Luke and Vincent
- Slipping a Mickey
- Despair Event Horizon: Luke isn't interested in winning, and he remembers why.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Don't take souls from strange people Danny.
- Dick Dastardly Stops to Cheat: Let's just say Danny has more of a chance to win because of outside help.
- Never Found the Body
Drake vs. Noble- Winner: Drake 
- Fake Memories
- Blatant Lies
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Their made of white light and fake memories!
- Last-Second Chance: Time travel is handy
- Mind-Control Eyes: When Drake and Noble see memories.
- Downer Ending: Bye Noble.
Twist vs. Jouel- Winner: Jouel 
- Bridal Carry: Twist does this to Jouel when she's knocked out. She returns the favour later.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Jouel points out how much Twist fails to act like a real bad guy.
- Blood Knight: Despite being out numbered by monster ink snakes Jouel seems to have a little to much fun tearing them apart.
- Tragic Bromance: Twist was the only match up to not somehow threaten Jouel first, the two even got on well. This ends as you might expect, see below trope.
- Half the Man He Used to Be
- Downer Ending: Bye Twist.
Pike vs. Juve- Winner: Juve 
- Stepford Smiler: Juve can fake a smile.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Juve.
- Stoic Woobie
- Trapped in Containment: Pike's fate at the end of the round.
- False Friend
- Mercy Kill: From Juve's view point.
Drake vs. Luke- Winner: Luke 
- Broken Hero: Pretty much what Luke becomes.
- Where It All Began: Luke ends up back where he started... which could be potential mindscrew
Jouel vs. Juve- Winner: Juve 
- My God, What Have I Done?: Juve starts to get his feelings back and begins to feel guilty
- Stepford Smiler: Jouel is not impressed by Juve's fake smiling.
- Cool Big Sis: Jouel seems to be good at cheering up little Juve, and even gives piggybacks!
- Big Brother Instinct: Juve wasn't about to leave Little Jouel to get eaten by Io.
Luke vs. Juve- Winner:
- The Cameo: The space core made an appearance in all of the round four entries. See if you can find them!
- Because of this Ink is set in Space. 
- Everyone Meets Everyone: Some kind souls drew everyone!
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Ruby Redux has spent the better part of her evening trying to gather patient tropes xD
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Edit Ace just wasted hours of her life x-x