He, Himself, and Him is a YouTube series by MrChrisMad involving time travel. The story "begins" when Chris Mad must complete a history project. Because of his lack of work ethic, he fails in timelines A and B, but somehow succeeds in timeline C. In timeline B, he comes across plans for a time machine early the next morning (they were planted there by Chris C) and tries to go back in time to stop himself from procrastinating. He instead gets stuck in timeline A indefinitely.
Meanwhile, a mysterious being known only as The Collector is traveling between timelines capturing various incarnations of Chris Mad to absorb their powers. Chris C must stop him.
There are 25 episodes so far and a short film is planned. There's a list of all 25 episodes and a few of the trailers here. (For episode 1, the remake is shorter and more relevant to the story than the original, but I decided to link to both versions anyway)
Provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: Chris A is most likely one.
- Ambition Is Evil: Chris D's hunger for power leads to the collector being able to track him down much more easily.
- Bad Future: Chris E lives in one.
- Barrier Warrior: Chris C, when he actually needs to fight something.
- Casting a Shadow: Chris D's main power.
- Combat Clairvoyance: Chris E's main power.
- Gadget Watch: Chris C has one. He buys it from Chris A in episode 8, but, at the time, it isn't quite a gadget watch yet.
- Layman's Terms: When Chris C explains the mechanics of time travel to Chris A, he uses this trope.
- In Medias Res: Employed even more extensively than you'd expect from a time travel series.
- Master of Disguise: That mysterious "Cone" that keeps showing up? It's The Collector in disguise.
- Meaningful Name: Chris C can travel through time, Chris D controls darkness, Chris E can predict the immediate future, and the Collector collects people's powers.
- Obviously Evil: The Collector
- Also, Evil Sounds Deep.
- Ominous Message from the Future: The mysterious video messages C has been receiving may be this
- Power Copying: The Mega Man variety is how The Collector gets most of his powers.
- Table Space: How Chris A discovers (in the opening scene of episode 6) that his encounter with himself [Chris B] the night before wasn't All Just a Dream.
- Talking to Himself: Out of the eight or more incarnations of Chris Mad, six have appeared so far (and three are major characters.) They're all played by the same guy, so this happens a lot. This is once lampshaded by Chris B:
- Temporal Paradox: The Collector is revealed to be one in episode 25. Lampshaded by Chris C.
- Time Master: Downplayed with Chris C. He does have extensive time travel capabilities, but there's no evidence that he has full control over time.
- Time Travel: A major part of the story, and Chris C's main power.
- The Smart Guy: Chris C. In episode 25, The Collector lampshades, and then promptly deconstructs, this.