Since the work is a meta one, spoilers for its source material will be unmarked.
It includes the following tropes:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: The series production slowed and eventually went on an 8-month hiatus because the creator became absorbed in a roleplay.
- Cartwright Curse: "[Munakata] realized the rule of Danganronpa: if she's a love interest, she's going to die, so don't bother."
- Cool vs. Awesome: On the fight between Mukuro and Peko: "Oh it's the clash of two T-Rexes, here we go!"
- Event Flag: Chiaki meeting Izuru just before the credits roll is treated as a certain sign she'll die.
- Fan Disservice: Taco is pleased at first when the 'camera' shows Mikan's curves. Then she tries to stab someone in the eye.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: A gag scene involves Taco coming to believe he indirectly killed Ibuki by shipping her with himself, causing him to enter a Happy Place where Ibuki is a real person. Happens again when he realizes he hallucinated it all, sending him past the Despair Event Horizon.Deathly Bagel: Your waifu isn't real.
- I Knew It!: Taco predicted Chisa's death (see Cartwright Curse entry above).
- Narm: Invoked."Are you telling me that guy was still able to shoot a GUN even with his fucking HEAD cut off?! Okay- okay, carry on."
- Running Gag: Several of these, including the addition of "The T-Rex Song" or the Team America: World Police theme over "badass" scenes, George Takei's "Oh my... ~", Nagito's "Ultimate Bullshit"/"NicoB Nagito impression" impression, etc. It got to the point where entire episodes were dedicated to lampshading the use of running gags in the series, in response to viewer complaints of their overuse.