Straight from the bowels of 4chan...
...excuse me, 1d4chan. The TG board. Y'know, the one that's actually constructive and, well, good.
Anyway, BrightHammer 40K is exactly what it looks like: a NobleBright version of Warhammer 40K.
Tropes of the setting:
- Adaptational Heroism: Most of the elements that made all of the factions of 40K evil one way or another (even humans' Up to Eleven version of the Spanish Inquisition) has been removed.
- Adaptational Villainy: The Tau and their obsession with a Space Communist "Greater Good" mentality not only doesn't changes much from how it was in canon (the universe being Lighter and Softer now makes them a more crapsack option in comparison instead of a lesser one) but Depending on the Writer they have gone all the way to Flash Gordon-style mustache-twirling evil.
- Lighter and Softer: Than the canon 40K universe, even being on the name.
- Mirror Universe: To the canon 40K universe, with an emphasis in high adventure and less War is Hell.
- Scary Dogmatic Aliens: Inverted with most of the other aliens in the setting, but the Tau remain Space Commies and without a World of Jerkass to provide contrast they are now definitely the villains of the setting.
- Space Opera: The Lighter and Softer approach to the source material means a higher emphasis in this side of the setting.
- Spared by the Adaptation: The God-Emperor of Mankind is still around, and so do many other canonically dead characters.