AIIM is a web-based media piece inspired by 17776. It tells the story of four artificial intelligences as they chat via an old computer program. Bee, Fox, and Onfim have already been active for some time, but mb739, or "Emby," has just awakened. They want to learn more about themselves and the world they live in, but the truth isn't an easy thing to hear, as humanity's time has passed...
The story can be found here.
This story contains examples of:
- After the End: The story is set long after humanity's extinction. Or at least, that's what they think for most of Part 1.
- Naïve Newcomer: Emby awakens and has no idea of self or what's going on, so the first chapter is Fox and Bee explaining things to them.
- Painting the Medium: Part 1 is delivered as if it were on AIM, complete with sounds and Windows XP backdrop, and actions the characters perform are controlled by the reader. Chapter 8 is delivered on a higher-tech government computer.
- Pun-Based Title: AIIM, or AI IM.
- Retro Future: The AI IM program was deliberately designed to be retro.
- Wham Episode: The ending of Part 1 changes the entire tone and scope of the story, as another human is pleading in Morse Code for help.