A Brave New Century is a collaborative Alien Space Bats timeline on AlternateHistory.com. Starting from 1 January, 2000 and slated to cover the entire 21st century, the TL covers the resurgence of magic and the discovery of alien races from outside the solar system (or our dimension for that matter), and their effects among humankind. In short, it is a world where anything is possible.
Given the TL's collaborative nature, it's no surprise that lots of characters, plotlines, and stories will be mentioned and play large roles in this story of an adventure.
Link is in here. (requires AH.com membership to access)
This story provides examples of :
- Adaptational Heroism: Jason Voorhees becomes this universe's incarnation of Swamp Thing.
- Adaptational Villainy: SHIELD in this continuity is (at least initially) largely a vehicle for the anti-metahuman populists making up the National Union Party.
- Alien Invasion: Earth is currently undergoing one courtesy of the Cylons.
- Alien Space Bats: Obviously.
- Broken Masquerade: The timeline kicks off with this occurring, with non-human sentient beings, unexplained phenomena and supernatural creatures beginning to show up increasingly often and the gradual failure of efforts to obscure their existence, resulting in the Wizarding World, Men in Black and SCP Foundation revealing themselves.
- Eldritch Abomination: Some of Lovecraft's are running around, especially Nyarlathotep.
- Fictional Political Party: The National Union Party, centering on hostility to the metahumans and magicians emerging in the world. Major leaders in the party include James O'Rourke, Robert Kelly and Frank Underwood.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Pretty much inevitable with the amount of works showing up.
- Mega Crossover: The timeline incorporates characters and elements from a wide range of works encompassing numerous mediums and genres. Everything from Undertale to Known Space to Sailor Moon can and has been utilized.
- The Gadfly: Sheogorath is probably the best example of this.