Much like the webcomic from which it came, Stateball is focused on portraying states in America as round balls with the design of the state's flag on them. Stereotypes and politics come up in the comics frequently, as well as current events as they happen. Though not as big as Polandball, it has created a sizeable fanbase.
Though every state has shown up in at least a few comics, makers seem to use California, Texas, and Alaska the most, must the annoyance of less-used states, who want to see more representation.
Tropes of Stateball:
- Acessory Wearing State Ball: Texas has a cowboy hat and Hawaii has a lei flower.
- Deep South: The Southern states.
- Eagle Land: Type 2 (The Boorish Variety), especially among less-scrupulous side.
- Fantastic Racism: Alabama, this comic, conspires to give black people Syphilis. Truth in Television since it was based on Tuskegee Syphillis Experiment.
- Friend to All Living Things: Cascadia in this comic◊, where he steals California's bear, Wyoming's bison, and Utah's eagle and bees to set them free.
- Heteronormative Crusader: Texas (and most of the southern states) is most often portrayed as homophobic.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: All 50 states, plus occasional appearances from "Dad", "Uncle Canada", and Mexico.
- Nations as People: States As People
- Spinoff: of Poland Ball.
- The Stoner: Washington is usually depicted with pink eyes and a joint in his mouth.
- Strong Family Resemblance: In this comic◊, America has trouble telling all his "kids" apart because many of them have blue flags.
- War Is Hell: Written on a soldier's helmet in this comic