Sadie: Hah! As if you could. Dozens of princes already failed. What makes you any different?
Amira: Because I am no prince! My name is Princess Amira... and I have a grappling hook.
Sadie: Oh, sweet.
Not to be confused with the manga of the same name.
Tropes appearing in this webcomic include:
- Aloof Big Sister: Sadie's, who belittles and ridicules her and puts her away in a tower.
- Alpha Bitch: Sadie's sister, who bullies her for being fat and timid.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Subverted with a "FFFFUUUDGE!" after Amira's grappling hook is dislodged from the tower, causing her to begin falling.
- Badass in Distress: Amira, when she's kidnapped by Sadie's sister.
- Big Beautiful Woman: The big-boned Princess Sadie.
- Cool Horse: Amira's Unicorn, Celeste, is capable of charging straight through brick walls (if bribed with cookies).
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Amira goes to rescue Sadie because she thinks she is screaming in distress... turns out she was actually singing.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: The Ogre was just trying to express himself through dance, but his size and clumsiness unwittingly caused a lot of destruction to a village in the process.
- Damsel in Distress: Sadie. Crosses over with Deliberately Distressed Damsel as it's revealed she sabotages the knights' attempts to rescue her.
- Distressed Dude: Prince Vladric.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Amira and Sadie. Sadie's sister, while a jerk is also this.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's about two princesses.
- Fairytale Wedding Dress: Sadie wears one in the epilogue.
- Friend to All Living Things: Sadie, not least because she likes to spoil them with food.
- Gentle Giant: The ogre. He just wants to dance!
- Girl in the Tower: Sadie, put there by her sister.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Zigzagged - Sadie's sister doesn't appear to be oppressing her subjects, but she torments her younger sister and is apparently willing to kill her to stay on the throne.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Sadie's sister has her transformation spell reflected by the dragon she appointed as her jailer.
- I Am Big Boned: Sadie claims this, but one insult which digs deep is calling her fat, showing that she's not secure in her own big-boned claim.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Celeste for Amira and Oliver for Sadie.
- Meaningful Name: Both Sadie and Amira mean 'princess' in different languages.
- Medium Awareness: Sadie's had enough princes try to rescue her that she recognizes the spontaneous roses around Amira's speech bubbles and tells her to go away. Amira also asks how long Sadie's hair is as a possible means of escape from her tower, and Sadie replies that she's not Rapunzel.
- My God, You Are Serious: Princess Amira stops laughing at her mother's idea that she could marry one of those "dull, vapid princes" when she realizes her mother means it.
- Not Evil, Just Misunderstood: The ogre just wanted to dance.
- Princess Classic: Sadie.
- Rebellious Princess: Amira runs away from her kingdom when her parents start forcing suitors on her.
- Reluctant Ruler: Sadie, Amira, and Prince Vladric all shirk their royal responsibilities for their own reasons, though Sadie's reluctance is at least partly due to her sister constantly telling her she's not smart or capable enough to rule.
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecy: When their father died and asked them to rule together, Sadie's sister locked her in a tower. This was after Sadie outright admitted that she had no interest in ruling the kingdom, and that her sister was better suited to the job. However, she remains convinced that Sadie is out to take her place and continues to antagonize her, which ends up getting her turned into a pig by her own magic, meaning Sadie has to take the throne in her place. Furthermore, Sadie overcomes her crippling lack of self-confidence in the process.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Amira finds out that her parents are planning to marry her off, it cuts to her fleeing with Celeste.
- Sweet Tooth: Celeste really, really likes cookies, so much that she barges through the base of a tall stone tower in running towards a (non-existent) cookie on the other side.
- The Wise Prince: Prince Taji tells Amira that they are fortunate to have been born into a position where they don't have to work or worry about money and that they should use their power to help their subjects.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Amira and Sadie, respectively.
- Tomboy Princess: Amira.
- True Blue Femininity: Sadie is usually drawn in a blue dress.
- Unwanted Rescue: Prince Vladric gets stuck up a tree after being put there by the ogre he's trying to slay, and he refuses to be rescued by a girl.
- Yuri Genre: The story is about two different princesses who end up falling in love.