FLEM comics is a webcomic that has been established in 1998, and still carries on sporadically to this day. However, the breakout series, based around Jay and roommate Jack carried on from 2000-2006, and won the heart of many disturbed individuals. Jay is a chain smoking, drug using sexually impeccable, violent badass. Jack is his roommate. Very frequently dips into Two Gamers on a Couch , literally on drugs (from cocaine to LSD). Frequently crosses the line twice (they bring back Jesus from the dead, only he's a mutant, they get him to have sex with a prostitute , kerb stomping girl scouts) and rampages around Texas.
Did I mention they sometimes get Zack de la Roche involved? And that you can read it right here?
Tropes found in this work:
- Animal Wrongs Group : PUTA (Prohibit the Unethical Treatment of Animals) counts as Fun with Acronyms and Bilingual Bonus. Jay joins them because he also believes the way animals are killed for human consumption is wrong. Hilarity Ensues.
- Anything That Moves: Faith.
- Butt-Monkey : Every game had a "Jay is a bitch" mode, where his characters were horribly crippled.
- Mutant Clone Jesus, with many tentacles. They had him have sex with a prostitute, and she used the wrong tentacle
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Jesse, the leader of PUTA.
- Comedic Sociopathy: Taken to unprecedented levels.
- Crosses the Line Twice : Crosses the line many, many times. Favourites include Hank the Dancing Abortion, the insane amounts of prostitution, having the writer of Wizard of Oz spin in his grave and the meth & Atkins combined diet (whereby you snort meth off steak)
- Hidden Badass : Santa, as his previous forms would slaughter villages, and he hasn't forgotten.
- No Indoor Voice: Zack de a Rocha.
- Noodle Incident: The Story of the Duck.
- Double Standard: Rape, Male on Male: Jack gets the worst of it. By demons
- Running Gag:
- Hank the Dancing Abortion.
- Jack being raped by Satan.
- Jay's man eating shrews.
- Shoot Your Mate: Inverted. PUTA thinks Jay is a cop. Jay shoots one of his companions to prove he isn't. They're still not sure.
- This Is Your Premise on Drugs : Two Gamers on a Couch , literally on drugs.
- Two Gamers on a Couch : Jack and Jay play games. They are gamers. Most of the comic is set in the front room. They do a LOT of non gaming activities, mostly sexual or incredibly violent.
- Watch It Stoned : Lets see, taking acid then shooting up daycare centers, injecting heroin mid conversation, combining the meth & atkins diets, finding cocaine in your house and not selling or handing it in (snorting the hell out of it)...