Creatures of Zenith is a webcomic developed by a group of DeviantART members. It intended itself to be a spinoff of NES Godzilla Creepypasta, but quickly morphed into an adventure of its own that featured characters from the original story.
As of 2015, the webcomic was on a permanent hiatus due to the original creator losing motivation, plus the original creator deciding to put the group out of its misery after the other members began abusing one of the spriters involved. In 2017, rumblings on the account potentially hint at a return to activity.
The series contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: Played Straight with the normal Kaiju in chapter 1. Although they're all highly destructive monsters, they seem to genuinely care about each other and talk in rather refined tones.Gezora: "Get back, Hellish Menace!"
- Subverted with Not Baragon, who makes plenty of jokes about his Crotch Minigun.Not Baragon: "Silence, you weirdos! Welcome to hell, and I'm your devil."Not Baragon's Crotch Minigun lowers into place with a resounding KA-CHUNK.Not Baragon: "You really don't want to get on my bad side..."Moguera looks at the weapon and sweats, out of fear over the minigun's caliber and rate of fire.Moguera: "P-please, put that gun away, you'll poke someone's eye out with it..."Not Baragon: "What, do you not like guns?"
- Subverted with Not Baragon, who makes plenty of jokes about his Crotch Minigun.
- Bolivian Army Ending: Chapter 1 ends with all the normal Kaiju facing certain death at the hands of a giant chicken demon and Not Baragon. It's revealed that they do survive in Chapter 2, fortunately.
- Although technically taking place before the rest of the comic, Chapter 3 (or Interlude: Is Hope Lost?) ends with an injured Solomon being led away to safety by Maguma, while the worrying presence and power of Bagan is described by the latter. Although there was going to be more pages, the cancellation of the webcomic brings the whole comic to end on a Bolivian Army Ending.
- Call-Back: Despite not being related to Revenge of the Sunfish in any way, the weird dinosaur Bagan encounters and Godzilla battles in Chapter 2 is actually Poglodontasaurus, the jumping dinosaur who jumps down a hole to a hellish dimension in one of the game's sequences.
- Crack Ship: Some have observed the friendliness between King Ghidorah and Mothra in Chapter 1 as being this, and have even claimed that some of the members are a Shipper on Deck.
- Dead Fic:
- Multiple times, the entire page was wiped by the notorious dA troll BioGoji.
- As of 2015, the entire webcomic has been shut down, but left up for posterity. The original creator of the project, cites internal struggles, plus a lack of motivation.
- To make matters worse, he was thrown aside by his own peers while they belittled and abused one of the artists who they thought was responsible for wiping the page in Mid-2014. Even though the creator continued to post journals begging his peers to stop, they refused or ignored him, causing the abused artist to lock the page and hold it to ransom. Eventually, the creator gave the entire group a The Reason You Suck speech, then locked the account with a new password so that no one could try and drag the broken and ruined project back from the grave again.
- Enfant Terrible: Not Varan seems to embody the mindset of a child who's just learned what swear words are.Not Varan: "CLUCK! CLUCK! MOTHERCLUCKING CLUCK!"
- Poglodontasaurus from Chapter 2 also seems to have the mentality of a generic kid on the internet who thinks that spouting memes and vague sexual jokes is funny.
- Excuse Plot: Why does Destoroyah hate King Ghidorah? His son ran off into the Arctic and was killed by Bagan, all because 'Uncle' Ghidorah encouraged Destoroyah's son to go off and explore.
- Funetik Aksent: Poglodontasaurus's lines are sometimes written like this.Poglodontasaurus: "Ahm so hai, I can flai! Huahuahuahuahua!"
- Groin Attack: Not-Baragon suffers one in Chapter 2, caused by Moguera shooting a missile at his Crotch Minigun.
- Jerkass: Face, of all people. He refuses to let Anguirus go off to find his friends on Earth, avoids the issue by asking bizarre questions, and then summons his pet, a Mechabiotitanollante from Zenith to attack when Anguirus insists on leaving.
- Most of the other admins, with the exception of the creator himself, were this to one of the artists due to false suspicion.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Mechabiotitanollante, being a Mix-and-Match Critter, falls under this trope with its ludicrously mix-and-match name.
- Non Sequitur: Boy, does this comic rely on Non Sequitur humour quite a bit.
- The Chew Toy: WeegeeDude, the creator, quickly became this after everyone else ditched him, making him the only one actually doing anything for the comic, with the others lapping up the praise he should have deserved for his hard work.
- The Dragon: Destoroyah, to RED.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Although it's just sap, Biollante does this when SpaceGodzilla challenges her about her over-protective behaviour.Titanosaurus: "Well this is awkward."Orga: "Ditto."
- Word of God: Solomon narrates most of Chapter 1, giving sage information about what is going on.