What It's Like to Be a God is an animated series on the popular art and animation Web site Doink.com. Currently, it consists of 15 episodes, two prologues, and a trailer video.
The main character is an orange cat named Rajah, and most of the other characters are cats, too.
The 15 episodes are divided into a series of 10 and an unfinished series. The second series introduces Tyranus, a green dragon who looks like a dinosaur.
This web animation provides examples of:
- Creator's Pet: Blackjack. He's now supposedly getting a character origins series.
- Dead to Begin With: Everyone but Aerona, Silvia, and Tyranus were killed off before the series began.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Rajah attacked Blackjack for just trying to talk to him in episode 15.
- Exponential Plot Delay: Quoted from LizardLizard: Oh yeah, on a side note... I thought I'd let you guys know that I decided to condense the story. Working at the pace that I am now, it would probably take a few years for me to finish the whole series. I mean... the story takes place over like twenty years or so. Yeah. No joke. So I've carefully worked it out and have created a special condensed version of the story just for you guys! :D Don't worry, it will still be just as good. Maybe when I'm done I'll write up the original on here. :D. This indicates that the story was moving very slowly before that, which is sort of true.
- Improbable Infant Survival: It's hinted that Silvia probably survived the fire started by Aerona which killed Rajah.
- Scratch that. Silvia will be in episode 16!
- Kudzu Plot: The creator, LizardLizard, has stated himself that the loose ends probably won't be tied up, all the while piling up layers of suspense and mystery on top of each other in EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.
- Magic A Is Magic A: In the series, all magic is indicated as a creepy pale green colour. When Thor looks at the past or future, his eyes glow green. Same when Aerona uses magic to kill Jade, it's green.
- The Man Behind the Man: As in the series 2 trailer, Aerona has some kind of boss controlling her.
- Our Dragons Are Different: I don't care what Word of God says, Tyranus is most definitely a dinosaur.
- Relax-o-Vision: one scene in episode 15 has Tyranus on the far right, rith the rest of the screen saying "Censored due to violence"
- Schedule Slip: Updates are now about three months apart. The most recent was in November 2009.
- Shout-Out: Episode 7 is an obvious shout out to the first chapter of Book 18 of Warrior Cats.
- Sickly Green Glow: All magic glows green in the series.