Ultimate Cartoon Fighting is a web series on Youtube, started on January 26, 2012. As the name implies, the series centers around a wrestling match featuring several characters from Western Animation and Anime. Also, physical rules are thrown right out the window. Anything can happen here.
On May 27, 2013, a second season began, entitled Ultimate Cartoon Fighting: The Hungry Games. This dispensed the wrestling format of the first season in favor of a format more inspired by The Hunger Games. Unfortunately, this season was tragically cut short when creator Myk Friedman, also known as "Toonsmyth Productions" died on March 12, 2014, of compilations from diabetes.
However, a person by the name of Animation Streetz has announced his plans to carry on his legacy by continuing the show, with the first episode scheduled for 2016. As of March 2019, nothing has resulted from this announcement.
This series includes examples of..
- Adobe Flash: The series is animated in this, according to one of Toonsmyth's comments.
- Affectionate Parody
- Big Eater: Chowder in round 4.
- Big "NO!": Jake does this in round 1.
- Big Bad: Bill Cipher was going to be in season 2, but that was left unfufilled when Toonsmyth died.
- Bookcase Passage: Mentioned in round 3.
- The Cameo: Some of the audience members. Usually during a camera shot of the audience.
- Cut Short: The Hungry Games, due to Toonsmyth's death from diabetes. Thankfully, another Youtuber has announced that he would continue where Myk left off.
- Call-Back: When Pikachu battled Goku for the first time, Ash was shown with a Heinz 57 hat. This was an obvious reference to the Pokemon vs. Phineas and Ferb episode.
- Easy Amnesia: Happens to Phineas and Ferb in round 6 via Psyduck.
- Expendable Clone: SpongeBob does this in round 1.
- Genre-Busting: Mario and Luigi make a cameo in Goku vs Galactus, although to be fair, they did star in a cartoon.
- I Didn't Mean to Kill Him: From round 1:SpongeBob: Alright buddy, you can go ahead and regenerate yourself.Patrick: Uh, SpongeBob? I don't think humans can do that.SpongeBob: Oh, Crap!...
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: All episodes are devided into "rounds", not including Bonus Rounds. So basically every single fight is one round.
- Joke Character: The Annoying Orange in a Bonus Round.
- Killer Robot: "Giant Robot Dexter 3000" in round 3.
- Lampshade Hanging: During round one, the Ice King points out that SpongeBob's voice sounds familiar. SpongeBob and Ice King are both voiced by Tom Kenny.
- Limited Animation: Probably an example of this. Most of the animation is choppy and very limited, while some shots are animated fluidly and very well.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: Toonsmyth does most of the voices. Some better than others...
- Motor Mouth: The announcer reads a disclaimer very quickly in some of the round 7 parts.
- Multi-Part Episode: Goku Vs. Everyone is split up into 8 parts.
- Multiple Endings: Rounds 5 and 6 do this.
- Oh, Crap!: Done multiple times.
- Ominous Message from the Future: During "Goku vs Everyone," Skips appears telling Goku that his power will attract Galactus to Earth, in which the planet devourer turns Goku into Skips. Eventually humanity was wiped out except for mutant cockroaches and Zoidberg. Skips tried to stop it by turning back time, but instead found himself in the past where he lived out his days before joining the Park and warning Goku.
- Pokémon Speak: Lampshaded in Goku Vs. Pikachu.
- Port Manteau: Mordicai and Rigby argue over "Mordiby" and "Rigbicai" in round 2. A similar argument appears in round 5.
- Postscript Season: Season 2 replaces fighting with a premise similar to The Hunger Games.
- Record Needle Scratch: This stops Yakko from singing the infamous "The Nations of the World" song in round 8.
- Skyward Scream: Jake does this in round 1.
- Snowy Screen of Death: Slenderman tries to do this twice in round 8.
- Time Travel: Dexter and Stewie do this in round 3.
- Twinkle In The Sky: Happens in round 5 and 7.
- Unexplained Recovery: Finn, even though being cut in half, somehow managed to be able to fight two more rounds.
- Although to be fair, the second round he was in was a rap battle.