Supermental is an animated web series created by Connor Lavery. It is a prequel to Khonjin House and it focuses on the lives of Pent and Smack, two characters that were briefly shown in Khonjin House. Although the series does shed light on the parts of the lore that Khonjin House didn't explain, the series' main purpose is worldbuilding.
Supermental provides examples of the following tropes:
- Another Dimension: The void in which Pent and Smack occasionally travel to seems to be another dimension or perhaps a strange location. The void also seems to be significant.
- Artificial Limbs: Pent's right foot is a metal bar. Smack removed his foot for unknown reasons.
- Bait-and-Switch: The beginning of the second episode appears to be serious, but it is really just Pent and Smack arguing about who's going to do the dishes.
- Diary: Pent has one.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Pent almost always has these.
- Improv: Most if not all of the second episode's dialogue was improvised.
- Line Boil: Pent is animated this way during the first half of the first episode
- Mood Whiplash: Compare the very strange and ambiguous first episode to the wacky and humorous second episode.
- No-Dialogue Episode: The entirety of the first episode contains no dialogue.
- Seers: Smack can see into the future to some degree.
- Sleepyhead: Pent seems to be exhausted in the first episode.