Super Mario Bros. The Parody Series by Scottybyrd and Corn0720 is an Abridged Series based on the Super Mario Bros. cartoons. Although it is labeled as such, the episodes of the series are parodied in no particular order. Each episode focuses on the adventures of Mario and his friends against Bowser and his revolving door of minions.
Episodes can be found here.
- Abusive Parent: Bowser does not particularly care much for the Koopalings, to the point that he doesn't bother remembering their actual names and just makes some up.
- Bowser's mother is also an abusive parent. In episode 9 she explicitly says that she never wanted to have Bowser in the first place.
- Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys: The French submarine captain in episode 7.
- Cutaway Gag:
- Deadpan Snarker: Luigi.Luigi: Bowser lying to get into the Princess' pants? Nooo, never saw that coming.
- The Ditz: Ludwig "Retard" Von KoopaLudwig: When was the War of 1812? I need it for health class.
- Hypocritical Humor:Mario: [reading a letter] "I may sound like a complete hypocrite, but I really hate shows that break into random bullf—" [cuts to a Wrestlemania clip]
- I Take Offense to That Last One!: This line from Futurama pops up in episode 7:Wendy: How do I look?
Bowser: Like a cheap French hooker.
- MookFace Turn: Fryguy gets so annoyed with Bowser that he helps the Mario Bros. destroy the lava machine in episode 8.
- Only Sane Man: Luigi again."Why do I even bother?"
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The Leet-speaking Robot Princess in episode 3.Mario: I can totally believe that you're the Princess and not some stupid robot!
- Potty Emergency: Luigi dashes into Toad's House to use the bathroom in episode 4.
- Save the Princess: Of course.
- Shout-Out: Plenty of quotes, to the point that Mario says they need to stop using so many in episode 3.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: "Welcome to our island that is totally not a rip-off of an American state famous for volcanoes and such!"
- Synthetic Voice Actor: Invoked. Thanks to the accident in Episode 2, Lemmy had to get a throat operation, resulting in him having an auto-tuned voice.
- Take That!: Bowser wants to call himself Edward Kooplin in episode 6, but Mouser tells him he shouldn't because Twilight is terrible. Later, the good guys are terrorized by Keanu Reeves.
- Unexplained Recovery: Mouser survives an explosion with no injuries. He even lampshades it.
- Un-Cancelled: How the characters address the long gap between episodes 4 and 5.
- Weaksauce Weakness:Bowser: Damn, not seizure clothes again! My one weakness!
- Wilhelm Scream: When Bowser gets hit by Mario's fireballs in episode 7.