Story Booth is a Youtube channel dedicated to animating and sharing short stories from various people's lives, usually those of young children and teenagers. Themes range from serious issues like bullying, racism and mass shootings to more lighthearted and even humorous videos about embarrassing events, mistakes or borderline ghost stories.
Unlike many of the similar animated channels it inspired Story Booth gets all of its content from its own viewers through submissions, which ensures a higher quality of videos produced and less need to rely on clickbait titles and thumbnails. While Story Booth does have a few outlandish stories most of its videos are firmly grounded in reality and focus on real events that actually happened. Updates occur roughly once a week.
Story Booth provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: The girl in I Was Made Fun Of For Being A Late Bloomer suffers from this when everyone at her school starts developing early and begins teasing her over her flat chest. By the end of the video she learns to accept her body for what it is and is less self conscious about being small.
- Adult Fear: A lot. Don't be fooled by the cartoony art style, Story Booth has several very dark stories that deal with controversial real world issues like racist bullying, mass shootings, body image problems, underage drug abuse, pedophilia and much much more. This makes sense though, as each story comes from a real person.
- Art Evolution: The first few videos on the channel were very rough and somewhat more detailed while later videos gradually became more stylized and simplistic. Compare the first video to a more recent one.
- Celebrity Edition: Occasionally Story Booth will make a video focusing on a celebrity (mostly other famous Youtubers) such as Lilly Singh or Anthony Ramos.
- Creepy Child: My Scary Little Sister features a teenage girl with a little sister who behaves in a very creepy manner, such as claiming to see a strange man in her room or laughing in glee at a particularly dark part of a children's movie that had the other kids crying.
- Mood Whiplash: This can result from watching several videos in a row due to the wide range of subject matter covered on the channel. One minute the viewer could be watching a silly story about a supposedly possessed doll and the next minute be reeling in horror at a tale of extreme child abuse. All of the stories are submitted by real people recounting a past part of their lives after all, so this trope is pretty much unavoidable.
- No Periods, Period: Averted. Periods are talked about in several videos and there are even a few stories that focus on them.
- Teen Pregnancy: Covered a few times in stories like this or this.