Steadfast Stanley is a short film where a Welsh Corgi goes to find reunite with his boy during the throes of a Zombie Apocalypse
Tropes for Steadfast Stanley:
- Character Title: The titular Stanley is the dog.
- Chekhov's Gun: The Boy's shoe
- Children Are Innocent: Well, Stanley isn't exactly a child but he has some innocence as he doesn't know what's going on.
- Childish Tooth Gap: The Boy has one
- Dark Comedy: Has some elements of this.
- Despair Event Horizon: Stanley seems to hit this spot when he spots his master's car and that his mother is a zombie, assuming he's gone. Thankfully, he quickly picks back up when he spots footprints.
- The Determinator: Stanley all the way. The dog will not stop until he finds his master.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Though the boy loses his mother, being reunited with Stanley and his shoe gives him hope and, upon gearing up, escape the apocalypse.
- Losing a Shoe in the Struggle: What kicks off the short as Stanley's master loses his shoe and he sets out to reunite with him and shoe.
- Meganekko: The Boy's mother
- Parental Abandonment: The boy's father isn't seen, although, given the Zombie Apocalypse and the Boy's mother later becoming a zombie, it can be assumed he fell victim to it.
- Shout-Out: A boy and his dog braving the apocalypse? Now where have we seen this before?
- The Zombies act a bit like Walkers
- Undying Loyalty: Zombie Apocalypse be damned, Stanley will find his boy.
- Vague Age: The Boy, as, appearance-wise, his age is hard to gauge, however, we can guess he's probably younger than preteen, given that his mother was able to pick him up.
- Zombie Apocalypse: This isn't initially obvious but it becomes clear when the dog leaves the house, where we see helicopters, someone shooting a flare gun, a zombie, posters with biohazard symbols, and hearing sirens.