Sonic in Jaws is a highly popular YouTube video created by Balena Productions, creator of Sonic Zombie. It is made almost entirely in Garry's Mod.
The video is Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Sonic and Tails going up against the shark from Jaws.
Sonic in Jaws contains examples of the following tropes:
- Artistic License Biology: Much like in Jaws: The Revenge, Sharks don't roar, let alone make Tank noises. Then again, the shark's defeat was played for laughs for being quite cartoony.
- Artistic License Physics: There is no way an entire canister of helium can cause a shark to inflate and then explode, but as stated above, the shark's death was likely played for laughs.
- Artistic License Engineering: How is Tails not blind from using a welding torch with no eye protection to build his makeshift shark cage?
- Bait-and-Switch: When Tails is unloading his gear at the beach, something gets Sonic's attention. It appears to be a woman's legs, with accompanying music, but then the camera moves past them to reveal a hot dog stand.
- Bloodless Carnage: The onscreen shark attacks have no blood in them whatsoever. Though, the fox who gets eaten when Sonic and Tails first investigate has a little, as the last shot of that scene is a bloodied boogie board.
- Despite a Sickening "Crunch!" playing when the shark's mouth closes after it eats Conker, not only is there no blood but the camera shots imply Conker was swallowed whole. It turns out he's still alive inside the Shark's stomach because of that.
- Chekhov's Gun: Of all things, the canister that was supposed to kill the Shark, and all because he was swallowed whole, Conker ends up saving the day by setting it off inside of the shark after it swallows it, causing it to inflate and blow it up from the inside out.
Conker: Chew on this, fish fry!
- Crossover: Between Sonic the Hedgehog and Jaws. Conker also appears as the captain of the boat.
- Disney Death:
- At least from Sonic's perspective: When the makeshift shark cage is lifted up after Tails' struggle, it's busted up and Tails is gone, leaving Sonic and Conker to assume Tails had been killed. What they don't see is that after it was destroyed, Tails escaped and took cover inside a sunken ship. He shows up after the Shark is blown up.
- It's revealed that Conker survived. Likely due to being swallowed whole unlike the shark's other victims.
- Donut Mess with a Cop: The reason the Mayor turns to Sonic and Tails is because the police are busy getting donuts.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Sonic and Tails take on Jaws.
- Famous Last Words: Conker says this to Sonic before he falls to his death after losing his grip to Sonic:
Conker: Sonic, whatever you do, don't let him drink my beer...
- Flat "What": Sonic lets out one when Conker remarks on his "nice hairdo."
- Mouth Cam: After Conker falls into the shark's mouth, the Shark's mouth shuts.
- Not His Sled: In the climax where Sonic delivers the fatal shot to the Shark, he utters this instead of the classic quote.
- It also doesn't kill the shark, instead sending the canister down its throat.
Sonic: Wait wait, what!? This isn't how it's supposed to go!
- When Sonic and Tails arrive at Breen's building, the following exchange happens:
Tails: Wow, I can't believe he has his own skyscraper!
- When Mayor Breen asks them to investigate the beachgoers' disappearances, Sonic asks, "What to we look like, Mystery Inc.?"
- Later, when Tails is investigating seismic activity, he remarks that there's "not even a tremor." Sonic asks, "You mean a Graboid?"
- Take That!:
- When Sonic and Tails set out on a boat at dusk to hunt for the shark, after Tails explains how they're going to kill it, Sonic says the following after this phrase by Tails:
Tails: Something that size will kill our ecosystem.
- While dropping chum over the edge of the boat, Sonic also throws a dead and bloody Silver into the water as well.
Sonic: And nothing of value was lost!
- Another one to Sonic 06 is done during Sonic's supposed darkest hour after losing the last spear.
Sonic: This is it...I can only say I have no regrets...
*The moment of Elise Kissing Sonic flashes before his eyes*
Sonic: ...Maybe not.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: As usual, Sonic hates water. Unfortunately, he has to go out in a boat to face the shark.