is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fan Film
created by Silly Filly Studios. It is about a blind pegasus filly and her winter creation - a creation that changes Equestria's wintertime for centuries.
This fan film provides examples of:
- An Aesop:
- You can find beauty in anything once you make the effort to do so.
- Even with a disability, one can make a difference in the lives of others.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Snowdrop isn't very popular with her classmates.
- All There in the Manual: Snowdrop's mother is named Primrose in the concept art and credits.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Snowdrop's mane and tail look like snowdrifts.
- Bad Liar: Snowdrop is not very good at convincing her teacher that she's already started her project.
- Bittersweet Ending: Sort of. By the end of the short, Snowdrop has been dead for a long time, and the first snowflake she created is still being kept in preservation by the Princesses. They release it, and Snowdrop's work continues to live on.
- Blind Seer: To some extent. Snowdrop can't see the stars, but she can hear them twinkle.
- Body to Jewel: The very first snowflake was made out of a blind filly's tears and wishes.
- Bullying the Disabled: Snowdrop's blindness makes her an easy target for bullies.
- The Cameo: A lot of the background characters actually. Rumble, Dinky and Fleur De Lis appear at the beginning.
- Character Title: Snowdrop is the title character.
- Creator Cameo: A few are based on pony OCs.
- Disappeared Dad: Snowdrop's father is absent, but her mother is always there.
- Expy: The blonde filly who picks on Snowdrop (Cumulo Nimbus, according to this concept art) acts quite a lot like Diamond Tiara, and even wears her mane in a braid like Silver Spoon.
- Good Parents: Snowdrop's mother, Primrose, is shown to be a pretty decent parent.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Averted; when Snowdrop dies, Luna and Celestia clearly remember her, and Luna especially is deeply in mourning. In fact, since the film is told as a legend of sorts, everypony technically at least knows of her.
- "I Am" Song: Or rather, a "You Are" Song. A fan-written song, appropriately called "Snowdrop", was written and performed by ElectroKaplosion, one day after the video itself was posted.
- Idiot Ball: So nopony in Cloudsdale - not even the teacher or Snowdrop's mother - thinks that a blind filly may need some help getting to and from her house in the middle of the worst storm of the season - in a city tens of thousands of feet in the sky? It's frankly amazing Snowdrop hasn't plummeted to her death yet.
- Inspirationally Disadvantaged: Snowdrop is blind, but she can craft the snowflakes because she has such sensitive hooves and hearing.
- "Just So" Story: Sort of. The story is about the invention of the snowflake.
- Kids Are Cruel: Some of the other students don't want to work with Snowdrop because she's blind; you can hear them gossiping about her in the background of some scenes.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Surprise and Firefly from G1 appear.
- Make a Wish: Snowdrop makes a wish to the stars for be able to show everyone that she can do something. It's probably the most innocent thing that one could possibly wish for.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Luna, to Snowdrop.
- Painting the Frost on Windows: The snowflakes that Snowdrop teaches other pegasi to make turn winter from a harsh and bleak season into a gentle, bright, and joyful one.
- Posthumous Character: Snowdrop due to her legend taking place before Luna turned into Nightmare Moon.
- Prophet Eyes: Snowdrop's eyes are a very light blue with a faded pupil to indicate that she is blind.
- Quivering Eyes: To add to Snowdrop's adorableness. They quiver when she is nervous or sad.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: MLP:FiM foals are already cute, but Snowdrop takes it to another level. Quivering eyes, squeaky voice, woobie to end all woobies.
- Shrinking Violet: Snowdrop... isn't a very confident filly.
- Swiss Army Tears: Snowdrop's crystallized tear was crafted into the first snowflake.
- Tearful Smile: Princess Luna cries as she looks at the snowflake after hearing Snowdrop's justification about why winter is so important.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: While we are made to feel sorry that Snowdrop has since passed on, it is subverted in the sense that we don't really know at what age she was when she did die.