Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy is a Web Original series created by Seth MacFarlane, of Family Guy and American Dad! fame. It consists of short, random sketches, and may be found on Seth's YouTube channel; a DVD compilation of all 50 shorts was released in May 2009. The Cavalcade umbrella includes advertising for both Burger King and Priceline.com.
This series provides examples of:
- And Then What?: When Coyote finally catches the Roadrunner.
- Artistic License Biology: Two jokes play off of frogs having penises. They do not.
- Catch-Phrase: The "Scotsman Who Can't Watch a Movie without Shouting" frequently gives the admonishment "You're not using your brain!"
- Deconstruction: One of the most noticeable and hilarious deconstructions is of the gameplay of Super Mario Bros. Here
- Deus ex Machina: The resolution of The Gay Knight.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Over half of the episodes have titles like this.
- Fantastic Racism
- Funny Background Event
- Literal Metaphor: One episode features a man who lives in a glass house throwing stones at his neighbor.
- Parody Episode
- Road Runner vs. Coyote: Subverted. It actually works.
- Sketch Comedy
- Take That!: Naturally, since it's Seth's work.