Rocket Power: The Lost Episode is a YouTube video that parodies the hit Nickelodeon show, Rocket Power. It was created by a user known as MutilatorTroy sometime in 2006, but it was removed when he got suspended. It has been mirrored on YouTube several times, and despite not getting a sequel it is very popular. The plot revolves around Otto Rocket attempting to win a "local skateboard competition thingy" with a new trick that Sam "Squid" Dullard used his computer to come up with called the Super McZoogle 9000.
It can be watched here.
Rocket Power: The Lost Episode provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Averted, as Otto doesn't learn anything from the experience, but still gets lauded as if he did.Otto: I guess I learned my lesson: Don't... um... which is... um... don't... um... ehh... don't... um, I didn't learn a lesson.Raymundo: That's my boy!
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Raymundo gets a call from Merv Stimpleton, who states that the Rockets broke into his house the previous night, killed his wife, pooped in his pool, and ate all of his candy.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: After Otto loses the competition to Lars, he releases his anger by beating up Sam, and ends the beatdown with a literal curb stomp.
- Faceless Masses: During the skateboard competition, Raymundo and Reggie are the only two identifiable characters in the audience.
- Karma Houdini: As pointed out by Tito, Otto is one in-universe.
- Lampshade Hanging: Much of the video's comedy comes from this.
- Lantern Jaw of Justice:
- Raymundo has one. At one point, he even hits Otto over the head with it to knock him out.
- Lars' friend Animal also has one.
- One-Scene Wonder: Well, more like one line wonder. Reggie speaks once at the beginning of the video, and becomes a background character for the rest of it.
- Overly Long Gag: "'I wish we would've had helmets then, too.' *smack*"
- Rubber Hose Limbs: Sputz has a rubber hose neck.
- Screeching Stop: Squid does one when he runs to the competition to warn Otto not to do the Super McZoogle 9000.
- Short-Lived Big Impact: Sort of. The video was never extremely popular, but it did have a sizable fanbase. A sequel was planned, and the video's creator held a contest to determine who would animate it, but those plans fell through when he and the contest winner lost contact with one another.
- Spontaneous Human Combustion: Otto inexplicably catches on fire when he fails to perform the Super McZoogle 9000. He humorously seems to be bothered more by his inability to do the trick than the fact that he is on fire.
- Talking to Himself: Everyone shares the same voice actor.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Tito gives one to Ray regarding his parenting of Otto."It's like the ancient Hawaiians used to say: Stop giving fucking Otto new skateboards every time he fucking breaks one, goddammit! No wonder he's such a brat, he gets free stuff all the time from you! Teach him some discipline! Get him a- make him get a job or something, I mean- ! And every time he fucks up, you just let him off the hook! God, you're a terrible parent, goddammit you fucking idiot... bro."