ORIGIN ZERO is a web project by Erasmus Brosdau (the guy famous for the Fan Film The Lord Inquisitor). As of December 2018, there are two episodes: "Defeat" and "I Remember", both in 4K and as awesome as the Lord is.
The premise is simple and common. Earth's surface is all but destroyed by humanity, so they decide to settle a new planet. Problem is, it's not as empty as thought...
In 2020, it was announced that instead of Web Animation, the series are becoming the basis for a computer game called ZENOBIA.
The series provide examples of:
- Action Girl: Luna Richards, the narrator in "I Remember".
- Arc Words: In "I Remember". Three guesses what they are.
- Cool Guns: Which appear right in one's hands. Probably some form of nanoassembly.
- Cool Starship: The colony ships.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: There is no indication the squad wiped out in "Defeat" so much as hit a single enemy.
- Dying Declaration of Hate: In "Defeat", the POV survivor approaches a dying man, only to be called coward (he/she survived by ducking out of the fight).
- Earth That Used to Be Better: After five centuries of pollution.
- Exposition Cut: "I Remember".
- Human Popsicle: Most of the people spent the journey to Zenobia in cryosleep.
- Nothing Is Scarier: "Defeat" doesn't show a single enemy, except for a shadow at the end.
- Powered Armor: The DIVERS.
- Scenery Porn: As always, Erasmus is thorough with the graphics.
- Sole Survivor: The POV human in "Defeat". No indication for how long so far.
- That's No Moon!: The second episodes starts with a team entering a huge underground cavern. They notice something that looks like a small hill. It's not.
- Too Good to Be True: Forests, oceans, clean air: humanity's new home. Yeah, right!
- Took a Level in Badass: According to Luna, the DIVERS learned quickly after their first teams were wiped out.