Open Source Objects (OSO for short) is an ongoing animated YouTube series that released its first episode on April 5th, 2019. The primary selling point and what makes this object show unique is that the entire thing is open source, meaning that almost anyone can contribute to its production by joining its Discord, then signing up as a writer, animator, storyboard artist, audio engineer, and so-on.
Off the coast of a large metropolis stands The Dome, where a competition show takes place inside it. While the prize is undefined, the show has 32 contestants and is hosted by Crayon Box, assisted by her co-hosts Blue Crayon, Green Crayon, Red Crayon, and Yellow Crayon.
Every episode, a challenge is introduced for the contestants to overcome. A small fraction of contestants who fail the challenge are put up for elimination at the end of the episode, whereas viewers of the show can vote for who they want to be eliminated.
Open Source Objects provides examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": Contestants in OSO are named after the objects they're based on, with the exception being Loren, who is a human.
- Animate Inanimate Object: All but onenote of the contestants count as this.
- Animation Bump: Happens frequently due to the number of animators working on the show, all with varying mediums, as well as levels of skill and quality.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Several characters are based off food. note
- Armless Biped: Most of the armless contestants count as this. note
- Art Shift: Taken Up to Eleven due to plethora of different animators and artists.
- Audience Participation: Like Battle for Dream Island and other object shows, viewers can vote who they want out of the show. They can also contribute to the actual creation of episodes, be it through storyboards, animation, editing, or others.
- Berserk Button:
- Tart does NOT like it if you mess her dollop up.
- Do NOT touch Cologne's spray nozzle.
- If you're near OFGB, do NOT harm any flowers.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Anyone can contribute to it!
- Line Boil: Present in some scenes of the show
- Loads and Loads of Characters: There are a total of 37 main characters: 32 contestants, 1 host, and 4 co-hosts.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: In the second episode, Loren quits the show, believing that he was the one with the most votes, when it was actually Black Square.
- Non-Indicative Name: Currently, all but one of the uploaded episodes have titles that have nothing to do with their contents.