Monsterbox is a CG animated Short Film by Bellecour Entertainment.
An old man is sitting in his garden shop when a little girl comes in looking for a house for her monster. At first, the man doesn't want to sell her one, since the house that would fit her monster best is a birdhouse, which is for birds. However, after some creative camouflage on the girl's part, the man relents and sells her one, even letting her buy it with candy wrappers. Then the girl starts coming over more often, with more monsters that she wants to buy houses for.
The film was released in 2012. The video can be seen here.
Monsterbox contains examples of:
- All-CGI Cartoon: The film is done in CG.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: The old man has some noticably big ones.
- Cheerful Child: The little girl. She only drops it when her monsters are chased out by the old man for eating his bonsai tree.
- Cool Old Guy: The old man who runs the garden shop lets the girl use candy wrappers as money to buy houses for her monsters.
- Cute Monster: Three of them. One can fit in the girls hands, one is a foot shorter than her, and the third one fills the front door of the garden shop.
- Impossibly Compact Folding: The birdhouses the old man sells are compressed to impossibly small sizes. They pop back into their normal size when the rope tying them down is removed.
- No-Neck Chump: The big red monster has no visible neck. His face looks like it's between his shoulders.
- One-Word Title: In this case, Monster Box has no space between the two words.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: When the old man refuses to sell the girl a birdhouse because they're for birds, she ties feathers to her monster's arms and head and puts a fake beak on his nose to try and pass him off as a bird. The old guy sees through it, but relents and sells her a birdhouse.
- Spiky Hair: The little girl's hair looks like a large pile of leaves on her head and down her back.