Dusty: At Least We're Honest!
On your left is the Fantasy Kitchen Sink, on your right is the Sci-Fi Kitchen Sink, add that to the Law of Conservation of Normality and World of Weirdness that's already there and you have the Genre Savvy and Science Fantasy mess that is the show Matt 'n' Dusty, brought to you by That American Slacker.
This is a Web Animation series. In addition to official episodes, Season 2 introduced "Filler-Sodes" that often contain one or two quick jokes and are mostly topical.
This show provides examples of:
- Call-Back: In "We Are Legend", Matt and Dusty survive the asteroid collision by hiding in the same box the Trollbots came from in "I Trollbot".
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The first episode of the series is animated worse than the rest of the series, as well as having one of the most confusing plots of the series, if there was one.
- Non-Human Sidekick: Dusty is a fox.
- No Fourth Wall: Except for "WTF" and the "5SecondFilms" tribute, episodes use cold opens where Matt and Dusty speak directly to the audience.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Babs is a big adorable pink wingless dragon who lives in a cave and bakes cookies.
- Waxing Lyrical: In "We Are Legend", Dusty asks how an airport restroom ended up in the Pentagon. Matt responds by saying "The same way the Taj Mahal ended up in Cleavland."