Lego RPG: The Movie is a roughly hour-long movie filmed with LEGO, based on the aftermath of the events of the Lego RPG game series that the creator had also made. Though the game practically doesn't exist anymore, it is not needed to enjoy the story.
The story follows three characters: Arich, an ex-member of an Assassination Syndicate, Galeno, still a member of the same Syndicate, and Henry, someone who actually has little or nothing to do with the Syndicate, but is scooped up and made a party member for the journey.Their target, Commander Onan, and to stop the Syndicate to set the world right again.
Tropes present include:
- Aerith and Bob: Henry slips in a bit odd in contrast to the names of everyone, and pretty much everything, else in the film.
- Anti-Hero: Arich. His motivation for going after the Assassination Syndicate is just a mixture of revenge and self defense, since Commander Onan wants him dead for quitting it.
- Crapsack World: Not only is the world for Legomen a place where the Assassination Syndicate could be out to kill them, currency is so hard to come by some of them only have the option of joining and working for them, forever if they valued their life.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: The story Arich tells of how the treaty between Legomen and Action Figures was formed involves a heroic figure that used swords, specifically, the fabled "Carpet Sword". Averted in the actual case of Arich himself because he uses guns, at least until the final fight, where he is given the sword by the Explorien Gem.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Galeno, who wants to make a utopia for Legomen. He just needs to kill all of the humans to do it.