While taking pictures of each other in the city, Kouka and Bibi stumble across a murder victim in an alleyway. They don't know why he was killed, and the cops are no help they've got to find out whodunnit by themselves! Plenty of hilarity, classic animation tropes, and subversion ensues.
You can watch the cartoon here.
Kouka and Bibi contains examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: No shortage of these!
- Anti-Sneeze Finger: Used on the fox to stop from alerting the gang of mice to the duo's presence: surprisingly, it works. But not for long...
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop: The cop that the fox consults immediately draws a gun on her and tries to frame her by placing assorted illegal objects at her feet before she manages to escape.
- He also turns out to have been the one who attacked the victim in the first place.
- Be the Ball: To defeat the gang, the fox decides to play bowling with them using the raccoon as the bowling ball.
- Body Pocket: The fox has one, which she uses to pull out a jackhammer.
- Chased Off into the Sunset: Kouka and Bibi are chased off into the distance by the police in the final scene.
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat: The gang of mice all wear these.
- Fat and Skinny: The main duo.
- Hyperspace Holmes Hat: Pulled out by the raccoon as she prepares to start her investigation. (Though later thrown in the trash by the fox when she decides to simply go to the police.)
- Impact Silhouette: The fox makes one for herself in the wall of the gang's hideout with a jackhammer, so she can pass though but the raccoon is unable to. (This also occurs later, but turns into a Double Subversion.)
- Jerk Ass: The cop, who seems like his main purpose in life is to inflict misery and frame people for carrying drugs.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: With the occasional exception.
- No Name Given: While we know what names the main characters could technically have, whether each character is named Bibi or Kouka is anybody's guess even the creator's.
- Not Quite Dead: The murder victim, who simply wakes up at the end and reveals what really happened.
- Overly Long Gag: The raccoon waiting for her instant camera to develop the photo.
- They Have the Scent!: The fox senses the murder victim's trail, and she zooms all over the city searching for its source.
- Toon Physics: Characters regularly change shape and stature or morph into entirely different objects for visual gags - these jokes become more and more extreme as time goes on.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: The raccoon pulls several important items out from... in there.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Happens with the fox after discovering the murder victim.
- World of Funny Animals: In keeping with Variano's other creations.