Kofi! is a web animation series created by Loftur Studio, located in Spain. It was first brought to the web in 2014, with an English adaptation releasing in 2018. Currently, the series consists of three seasons.
In Kofi's world, everyone is fully aware that they live in a video game. Some, such as the Mercebinaries, go on grand quests in order to defeat monsters, get loot, and one day become as legendary as the fabled "Play Erwan". And then there's Kofi, a resident of Starterville so lazy that there are children at a higher level than him. Helping him along his journey to become a hero with the smallest amount of work required are a summoned Slime even lazier than Kofi, a disobedient Direwolf pet, and an elf best friend that's way more organized than Kofi but willing to do some shady things for money.
In 2019, a video game continuation of the series was crowdfunded: Kofi Quest: Alpha MOD.
- Always Someone Better: Aside from the various Mercebinaries, one reoccurring character is a very young child who reached Level 10 at the same time as Kofi, but keeps stumbling across ancient treasures and gaining experience to quickly surpass him.
- Death Is Cheap: Dying in battle just warps Kofi back home, albeit with none of the treasure or gold since his last save.
- Didn't Think This Through: Kofi's bouts of enthusiasm tend to lead to this, such as in the last episode of Season 1, where he picks a fight with a demon 52 levels higher than him. It does not end well for Kofi.
- A Dog Named "Dog": Elfa and Wargo, an elf and a wargo,respectively.
- Odd Friendship: The lazy, low-leveled, constantly poor human Kofi's best friend is the hard-working, experienced, money-grubbing female elf Elfa.
- Parody: Of video game worlds, and all the usual tropes therein.
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer: One episode in Season 1 has Kofi embark on a quest, only to immediately be distracted by a man offering to let him play a Flappy Bird knock-off. He loses all his money before surpassing 2 points.
- Sociopathic Hero: Kofi attacks some NPCs in Season 1 in order to get some quick cash, though he does end up getting punished for it.
- The Voiceless: Played with, in that there's one villager in Starterville that's capable of speaking in text boxes, but has no actual voice actor because they're "not important enough".
- Welcome to Corneria: There's a man near Kofi's house that constantly annoys him by saying he should press the action button to talk every time they cross paths.