Kirby Guardian is a series of animated shorts by KimiOmega based on the Kirby franchise. They focus on Adeleine and ten extremely tiny Kirbies, and each kirby has its own personality.
Each kirby is named by their personality. They are The General, GlumOne, BleakOne, OddOne, ProudOne, CautiousOne, CutesyOne, OldOne, BitterOne, and LostOne. These ten Kirbies and Adeleine get into various sorts of adventures together.
This work contains examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Adeleine really likes her drinks, at least prior to meeting the Kirbies.
- Berserk Button: Destroying Adeleine's art will have her come charging at you in rage. Something a family of Gaw Gaws learn hard.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: While the Kirbies are all the usual pink body, they can be told apart from one another by the color of their eyes. The General has red eyes, GlumOne has indigo eyes, CutesyOne has pink eyes, OddOne has orange eyes, ProudOne has blue eyes, CautiousOne has green eyes, BitterOne has purple eyes, and LostOne has bright blue eyes. BleakOne and OldOne are special cases as they both have black eyes, yet they are still can be told apart by how BleakOne having Empty Eyes while OldOne is based on Kirby's original appearance.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: The Kirbys each have varying personalities, some being less courageous than the others, yet when they need to fight they instantly don their own hats and Weapon of Choice: The General becomes Staff Kirby with a hat like the Monkey King, BitterOne dons a spiked hat with a chain flail, ProudOne puts on a pirate cap to go with his sword, OddOne breaks out the bombs with an orange jester's cap, GlumOne wears a beanie ap while dual-wielding scimitars, CautiousOne puts on a cap similar to Sword Kirby and readies a shield and arrows, BleakOne puts on his own black spiked cap ready to drop a spiked hammer on baddies, CutesyOne puts on a straw hat and gets ready to fight with a parasol, and OldOne becomes Mic Kirby complete with a little white bowtie. LostOne doesn't change or don any weapon, although sparks of electricity can be seen coming from him briefly.
- Literal Split Personality: Episode 6 heavily implies that the Kirbies are multiple reincarnations of Void that were born through Adeleine's myriad of emotions.
- Marshmallow Hell: Or Heaven in this case. Some of the Kirbies will rest in Adeleines blouse.
- Mega Meal Challenge: When visiting Kawasaki's restaurant in the fourth episode, Adeleine orders the Bottomless Pit meal, which consist of 100 plates. Kawasaki believes this will be easy money, but soon discovers that Adeleine brought her Kirbies with her and they manage to eat all 100 plates together. When Kawasaki demands payment, Adeleine points to where the plaque says that completing the challenge means she and her Kirbies get to eat free.
- Ms. Fanservice: Adeleine is quite a bit older here than in the games and the shorts really like to draw attention to her shapely hips and bust.
- Nightmare Fetishist: To go with his Creepy Cute personality, BleakOne points to a cloud that he believes to look like a chainsaw, and he images Adeleine coming toward the group with one.
- Odd Name Out: Most of the Kirbies have their names consist of a compound of their personality and One with no space between. The one exception being The General, who not only lack One at the end of their name but also has a space between the two words.
- Only Sane Man: CautiousOne, the most level-headed and least eccentric of all the Kirbies.
- Perpetual Frowner: CautiousOne and BitterOne, the former has a sharp stern frown whilst the latter has an angry scowl.
- Similar Squad: The Gaw Gaw family, each kid is basically a Gaw Gaw version of each of the Kirbies and the mother even wears a beret like Adeleine.
- The necklace Adeleine wears in episode 4 looks just like Kirbys heart in Mass Attack.
- When the Gaw Gaws confront them, the Kirbies each turn into a stylized version of an actual Kirby ability: the General is Staff, GlumOne is Cutter, BleakOne is Hammer, OddOne is Bomb, ProudOne is Sword, CaustiousOne is Archer, CutseyOne is Parasol, OldOne is Mike, BitterOne is Yo-yo, and LostOne is Spark. Some of the abilities look different to fit the personality of the Kirby wielding them, like ProudOne wielding an elegant sabre and BitterOnes yo-yo being more akin to a sharp spiked flail.
- Squashed Flat: Happens often to the Kirbies. While they lose some blood when it happens, they often get back up no worse for wear.
- That Cloud Looks Like...: The premise of the second episode consists of the Kirbies looking at clouds, with each one detailing an object for Adeleine to have.
- Unexplained Recovery: Oftentimes a Kirby will be killed off then return perfectly fine in the next episode. Justified if using the logic of the games where if you can reach the angels the Kirbies turn into they will come back perfectly fine, which Adeleine probably did.
- Watch Out for That Tree!: In her blind rage, Adeleine ends up running head first into a tree while chasing the Gaw Gaw family.