"Kings of Power: 4 Billion%" is a web animation created by Paul Robertson with music done by Cornel Wilczek, released in 2008 as his second short film, after "Pirate Baby Cabana Battle 2006". It is a short, 15 minute film done in 2D 16-bit graphics, all hand designed, and is a marvelous piece of work, without any dialogue and very little plot.
Basically, it seems that the author was trying to see how much he combine of the following: Rule of Cool, Refuge in Audacity, Gorn, pixel art and as many videogame references and conventions he could get away with.
It can be seen in multiple places on the web, but here (NSFW) is an upload by the animator himself.
Tropes present in this animation:
- Alien Invasion: This is one way to interpret the beginning of the plot, except the aliens look like boys for some reason. At first.
- All There in the Manual: Apparently, the little girl's name is Kathy, or perhaps Guro Kathy.
- Bloody Murder: The little girl's attacks all involve self-mutilation and propulsion of the resulting blood and/or organs.
- Body Horror: Done multiple times, all meticulously and caringly animated, to point one might suspect the author has something of fetish.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: The vehicles explode when shot at, or when they crash.
- The cyan/magenta/yellow trio briefly undress for a "special portrait" move against a giant robot, and are naked for a split-second during their attack before the "GOD RUSH."
- The goddess Venus appears during the "GOD RUSH" mimicking her depiction "the Birth of Venus," except with her giant breasts completely visible.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: A number of things can only be spotted for a split-second in the animation, such as a number of the cameos.
- Gorn: Most of the movie has plenty of this throughout, but wait until you see the final 2 minutes or so.
- Primary-Color Champion: Three of the heroes appear to be superheroines that are near-identical except for their hair and bloomers being cyan, yellow, and magenta.
- Shapeshifter Swan Song: The Violence Kings go backwards through their transformation process after being killed.
- Wave-Motion Gun: The Violence Kings create one during the final battle, killing the heroes in one shot. At least until the little girl revives them, that is.