Killing Spree is a series of short flash animations by Master Samus. The plot centers around a rather troubled 17 year old boy named Jase who pays $10 to a gypsy to make his twisted wish come true: that he is allowed to do whatever he wants for the next 24 hours. What does he choose? He chooses to go on a mass murder spree.
This stick figure animation is notable for being an exception among millions of them: instead of simply depicting stick figures killing one another, the author went out of his way to add a plot to all the bloodshed and mayhem.
This show provides examples of:
- Almighty Janitor: Barry is just a patrol cop, yet he's the only character able to fight evenly against Jase
- Animation Bump: The animation becomes more detailed and fluid between episodes, with Episodes 6 and 7 having almost cinematic quality.
- Bullet Time
- Disposable Woman / We Hardly Knew Ye: Jase kills a random policeman in Episode 4. In Episode 5 she's revealed to be Barry's wife.
- Downer Ending: Jimmy is murdered in cold blood by Barry, Barry is killed by a resurrected and immortal Jase, who adopts a new persona: the killer, which was seen previously in all of the intros, killing innocent people for no good reason.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Jase may be a mass murdering psychopath, but if there is anyone whose life he values, it's Jimmy. Unfortunately for Barry.
- He Who Fights Monsters: At first, Barry is a regular police officer who is just doing his job. But then, after being consumed by vengeance over Jase killing his wife in an attempt to shake him off, he kills Jimmy in cold blood and shoots Glenda when she tells him that he's no better than Jase. After a fistfight with a resurrected Jase, he finally admits that he likes Jase's philosophy.Barry: You know, I really should thank you, Jase. It's thanks to you that I now know that the value of life is simply optional. There is no point to friends or family. There's no point to anything, really, except doing what you please.
- Killer Cop: Barry. He murders both Jimmy and Glenda in cold blood.
- Laughing Mad: Barry just before he decapitates Glenda with a switchblade
- Love Makes You Evil: The main reason why Barry becomes just as bloodthirsty as Jase is because he allowed his vengeful feelings for his wife's death to consume him.
- Moral Myopia: Jase has no qualms about all the people he murders. Once his best friend bites the dust? He breaks down in tears.
- Off-Model: At times, Jase's bloodshot eyes disappear and Barry's scar switches sides.
- One-Man Army: Jase, a mere 17 year old teenager, is able to break into a military installation to steal a tank. This is lampshaded by a scientist in the experimental weapons lab.
- Omnicidal Maniac: Jase.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Barry immediately sets to work to kill Jase after his wife was killed when Jase overturned their car.
- Jase after Jimmy is murdered by Barry.
- Tragic Villain: Barry. He reacts in a very natural way to his wife getting killed by Jase, but unfortunately, that is his undoing.