He searched and found a Cosby hair
He spent ten long years and built a cloning machine
And now he's accomplished his wonderful dream
To make a house of Cosbys
It's a House of Cosbys
A Web Animation from Channel 101 created by Comic Sacrifice (primarily Justin Roiland) in 2005. It is about a crazed Bill Cosby fan named Mitchell Reynolds who clones Bill Cosby many times, each Cosby having their own personality. It lasted for four episodes, but it was Screwed by the Lawyers when Bill Cosby's attorney sent a cease-and-desist. An unofficial "fifth episode" was created by the Romano–Falconer writing team as a poorly-animated Take That! against Cosby and his attorney. There was also a music video called "Listen Up Theo", and a Curiosity Cosby blooper reel, both official. Despite the cease-and-desist, the four episodes can now be found on Channel 101.
House of Cosbys provides examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: All the aliens on TV speak English. However, this is averted with the alien dinosaurs that appeared earlier in episode 3. They only say "yip yip yip, uh huh"
- April Fools' Plot: April Fools' Cosby. (Cosby 85) His gimmick is constantly making April Fools' jokes.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Cosbyette (Cosby 60) is considered beautiful by Mitchell. They even end up having sex.
- *Bleep*-dammit!: The unofficial fifth episode has the show's opening censored by poorly bleeping out every mention of Bill Cosby's name and placing black boxes over his likeness, one of them briefly slipping off one of the Cosby clones' faces.
- Clone Degeneration: Played with. The first Cosby clone is actually pretty similar to the original, but every other Cosby has some weird mannerism. However, every tenth Cosby is a Super Cosby with super powers, and each Super Cosby is more special than the last.
- Curiosity Is a Crapshoot: Curiosity Cosby. (Cosby 8)
- If it weren't for Curiosity Cosby, no more Cosbys would have been created. (Because Mitchell decided not to make any more Cosbys until Curiosity Cosby snuck into the cloning room and cloned Cosby 9 and 10, the latter of which is the first Super Cosby and drives Mitchell to create more.)
- In Episode 3, this extends to Curiosity Killed the Cast when Evil Cosby gets him to find the cloning machine plans, and then is Killed Offscreen; the aftermath is shown during On the Next. He ends up being the only Cosby to explicitly die.
- Cut Short: Because of the cease and desist order, the show was cancelled with a lot of plot threads left hanging, such as Cosby 10 and Mitchell Reynolds figuring out why the compound was attacked by aliens, the intentions of the evil Cosby clone, and Cosbyette giving birth to Mitchell's child.
- Fan Disservice:
- Butt Naked Cosby (Cosby 9), who isn't censored in case you're wondering.
- Cosbyette. Although she is wearing a rather revealing outfit, her face is still drawn as a wrinkly Cosby caricature.
- In-Series Nickname: Many of the Cosby clones call other people "Theo" or "Rudy".
- Makes Just as Much Sense in Context: The alien TV segment. It doesn't advance the plot at all either. However it doesn't count as a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment because this is a comedy series and this segment serves for Surreal Humor. It's just too bad it ended up being the last episode.
- My Brain Is Big: Joyce (from alien TV)
- Naked People Are Funny: Butt Naked Cosby and Bathtub Cosby are never seen wearing clothes and nobody seems to comment on this.
- Obviously Evil: Evil Cosby (Cosby 100) looks like Satan and is blatantly up to something sinister. As if that's not telling enough, there's also his single line in the music video.Evil Cosby: [evil laugh] Murder! Rape!
- On the Next: Parodied.
- Opposite-Sex Clone: Cosbyette is basically Cosby as a woman.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: A single one shows up on alien TV (but turns into a largazoid by drinking a soft drink)
- Screw Yourself:
- Cosby 1 is seen performing cunnilingus on Cosbyette in the music video.
- Evil Cosby convinces Curiosity Cosby to get him the cloning machine plans by offering him a night with Cosbyette. This is of course a complete lie.
- Shout-Out: The aliens at the beginning of Episode 3 talking in the same tone as the ones from Sesame Street, albeit in the form of dinosaur-like creatures and subtitles below their dialogue of limited vocabulary of "yip yip yip uh huh."
- The Smurfette Principle: Cosbyette. This is because she is a Super Cosby, although she also has Spider-Sense.
- Starfish Aliens: Show up on alien TV.
- Super Team: Cosby Team Triosby, which consists of Super Cosbys Toothpaste Cosby, Frequency Cosby, and Hummingbird Cosby.
- Otaku: Mitchell is this for Bill Cosby, if you haven't guessed from the Theme Tune.
- Verbal Tic: "You see" for most Cosby clones.