Hamster Hell is an adult horror series made by Lee Hardcastle, who is known for making adult claymation videos. The first episode of the series, Arrival, aired on October 5th, 2011. Episodes started airing without a regular schedule, but were released every 3 to 4 weeks on average. The final episode, Death, aired on March 8th, 2012. A full compilation was released a few months after, in June 12th, 2012.
This show provides examples of:
- Big Bad: Both the kid and the grey hamster, though the grey hamster to a bigger extent.
- Cerebus Syndrome: This series drops any possibility of it being anything other than horrifying by episode 2, after the orange hamster is raped. It somehow gets worse.
- Death Trap: If the orange hamster's nightmare is anything to go by, the Death Coaster.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Visible blood, vomit, poop, semen, cannabalism, rape, murder... reminder that this is on Youtube, which is known for having strict censors.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Heavily averted, especially in the final episode when the orange hamster is eaten. The closest we get is a blur on something that... isn't blood.
- Hell Is That Noise: Any time the hamsters squeak, it's usually an indicator that something has gone wrong... or that something will go wrong.
- I'm a Humanitarian: The orange hamster with her babies, and the grey hamster with the orange hamster.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Debatable on villain, but the kid puts the orange hamster through the G-Force before putting it through the Death Coaster. Then the orange hamster gets too sick to ride the Death Coaster, and if the nightmare in the next episode is anything to go by, the orange hamster is definitely lucky.
- Nightmare Sequence: Episode 4 begins with one of these, where the orange hamster is killed in the Death Coaster from the previous episode. This is what prompts her to attempt an escape.
- Precision F-Strike: After episode 4, this becomes almost everything the kid says.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: In episode 2, Wife, the grey one does this.
- Red Herring: The Death Coaster is shown in the climax of episode 3 and is what killed the orange hamster in episode 4's Nightmare Sequence, Sounds like it'll be something important later, right? Well, it's destroyed at the beginning of episode 5 without any of the hamsters ever having touched it.
- Suddenly Voiced: While always voiced, if you've only seen the edited compilation, it can come as a shock when the hamsters start talking to each other at the end of the first episode.
- Too Dumb to Live: "Do not touch the baby hamsters. If you do, the mother will eat them." The kid does it anyways, because they're cool.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The kid. He almost kills his hamsters, puts them into a lunchbox without any air holes, and even throws the grey one out of a window in the final episode, but he feels legitimate remorse when he almost kills his hamsters in episode 5 and starts crying on the bed whenever he messes up.