Elements of Justice is a fan made sequel to the famous Ace Attorney and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fan Crossover web series Turnabout Storm that is headed by TheAljavis. Chronologically, the series take place after the 4th season of My Little Pony and Dual Destinies from Ace Attorney, respectively. The series format itself is mostly identical to the style used in Turnabout Storm, complete with voice acting for all characters.
Eight years have passed since Phoenix Wright was summoned to Equestria. Many things have since changed for both worlds, but now a new string of murders has occurred throughout Equestria, and Twilight Sparkle—now the alicorn Princess of Friendship—must once again summon her old friend to defend the innocent and pursue the truth. Together with their respective allies, they must solve the mystery behind the new series of murders. Are all of these new murders merely coincidences? Or is there a far more sinister connection between them?
Elements of Justice is set to be comprised of 5 cases similar to the Ace Attorney games themselves. The title of the cases are as follows; "Turnabout Theatre", "Turnabout Crusaders", "Turnabout Wonderbolt", "Turnabout Brother" and "Turnabout Friendship".
"I will submit the eviden... ehh... examples, your Honor":
- April Fools' Day: In 2019, a video was released where TheAljavis apologized and claimed he was quitting the project since he was burned out. Afterwards, he immediately says he was joking and the first episode is almost done.
Phoenix: So... did you try to summon the greatest defense attorney in Equestria again?
- Phoenix jokingly asks Twilight if she summoned him by "accident" again as a nod to how their first meeting went.
Twilight: No, I just simply summoned Phoenix Wright.
- Twilight only meant to summon Phoenix, but because Apollo, Trucy and Athena grabbed onto him, they got sent to Equestria as well. This is similar to how in Turnabout Storm, Sonata meant to just teleport herself out of the Everfree Forest but ended up bringing Apple Bloom with her when the filly bumped into her.
- Continuity Nod: For the first part of "Turnabout Theatre" we have...
- After Athena is refused entry to the Detention Center due not having and Equestrian Attorney's Badge, Apollo warns her not to flip anyone, referring to their first meeting in "The Monstrous Turnabout".
- Athena revealing how she was accused of murdering her mother Metis, with Apollo adding best friend Clay was killed and suspected Athena for it, referring to the events of "The Cosmic Turnabout" and "Turnabout for Tomorrow" in Dual Destinies.
- After Trucy demonstrates to the ponies her Magic Panties tricks, she mentions how a college student wanted to study it. This is from the second case of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, "Turnabout Corner.
- When Rarity reveals that the victim was working on fabric that glows in the dark, Athena guesses he must be using fluorescence paint, recalling how her friend Juniper used it for her costume in "Turnabout Academy".
- When Phoenix asks what happened to Trixie, Twilight relates to him the events of the MLP third season episode "Magic Duel".
- "Turnabout Theatre" is heavily rooted in the events of the fourth season episode "Rarity Takes Manehattan", especially with Coco Pommel being the defendant, and Suri Polomare showing up. The murder even took place during a showing of Hinny of the Hills, the same musical that the Mane Six wanted to see in the episode.
- Fluorescent Footprints: A more justifiable version of the trope occurs in "Turnabout Theatre", as the protagonists discover somepony got fluorescent paint on their feet, creating a trail that started from a dressing room where the victim worked, then to the catwalks where the crime occurred, and finally out a back door. Phoenix and co managed to discover this when the lights began to flicker, revealing glow-in-the-dark hoofprints.
- Forgotten First Meeting: When they meet again, Phoenix doesn't immediately recognize Twilight nor Equestria, but after a few moments, his memory is jogged.
- I Am Not Weasel: Athena, Apollo, and Trucy mistake Twilight Sparkle for a horse. She gets annoyed and says she is a pony.
- Living Lie Detector: Phoenix returning with his magatama, allowing him to perceive deep secrets people are trying to hide from him, as well as Apollo Justice with his Perceive ability allowing him to catch a person's tell when they're lying. Athena Cykes's Mood Matrix has elements of this as well, and her ability to sense the attitude and feelings of the people around her makes her The Empath.
- Narnia Time: The last time Phoenix was teleported to Equestria, he went missing in his own world for the same amount of time he was away, which was two days. Since then, however, eight years have passed in Phoenix's world while only a year and a half have gone by in Equestria.
- The Nicknamer: Pinkie's at it again! Calling Athena and Apollo Thena and Polly.
- Only Sane Man: Due to Phoenix having been to Equestria before, Trucy quickly finding familiar ground regarding magic, and Athena's general enthusiasm, Apollo is the only member of the Wright Anything Agency to consistently point out the strangeness of being in a world populated by talking ponies.
- Original Character: So far, at least two original character has been revealed for Turnabout Theatre; Playwright, a director and writer of various theatre plays from Manehattan. And Overall Concept, the victim of the case.
- Recursive Fanfiction: A fan made sequel based off a fan based crossover video series.
- Sean Connery Is About to Shoot You: The revealed poster art for Elements of Justice has Phoenix Wright doing his trademark stance directly at the audience while Twilight and Sonata are pointing their hooves to the left and right respectively.
- Sequel Escalation: From 1 long, extra detailed case, to a planned 5 cases, going all over Equestria in the process.
- Summoning Ritual: Twilight summons Phoenix directly after a request for help from Rarity. However, Apollo, Trucy, and Athena get caught up in the spell when they grab onto Phoenix once they saw him fading away.
- Warmup Boss: The prosecutor fulfilling this role for "Turnabout Theatre" (i.e. the first case) will be Prince Blueblood. Word of God has even stated that his characterisation and animation in the series will be taking cues from Winston Payne as can be seen in his concept art.