In front of Celestia's throne, a pegasus artist named Pen Doodle, presents his theory on the existence of other sets of Elements. More specifically, The Elements of Cringe, only for Celestia to be less than impressed and point out that he is an artist, not a magic researcher before shooing him away, leaving Penn to try and find solace with his roommate, who reveals that this isn't the first time Penn has tried to prove the existence of The Elements of Cringe.
Unfortunately for them, there is a new threat that looms on the horizon, and it may be up to Penn to stop it.
Only two episodes were produced, as the project was abandoned after fallouts with friends working on the project and lack of motivation thereafter.:
Elements of Cringe provides examples of:
- And Zoidberg: After Flame Majesty captures The Mane Six, Celestia demands he release Twilight and whoever the others are.
- Author Avatar: The protagonists are all ponysonas of Piemations and his friends.
- Big Bad: Flame Majesty, The King of the bronies.
- Cringe Comedy: Well, cringe is in the title.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Alicorn!Flame Majesty one-shots Celestia, Luna, and Candace in a row before defeating the rest of the ponies in a matter of seconds.
- Dirty Coward: Shining Armor pushes his wife in front of Flame Majesty, instead of facing him himself.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Flame Majesty and the portal appeared in the very beginning of Episode 1, but he doesn't put his plan into motion until episode two.
- Easy Evangelism: Despite the other ponies giving up hope almost immediately, Pen manages to convince them to form La Résistance, literally just by suggesting that they fight back.
- Epic Fail: Twilight trying to blast her way out of the cell, only for it to bounce back and knock her out.
- Flat "What": Celestia's response to Flame Majesty demanding that she turn him into his OC.
- Gilligan Cut: Celestia informs Pen that she has her best ponies handling the mysterious portal that opened up. Cut to Twilight poking at it to "test" its stability before walking in.
- Idiot Ball: Celestia giving into Flame Majesty's request to turn him into his Alicorn OC while apparently not even considering that that's a bad idea.
- Kick the Dog: Blasting through Celestia and Luna when they tried to stop him is one thing, but Candace didn't even try to fight Flame Majesty.
- Lampshade Hanging: Poe lampshades Pens foreshadowing by saying that its oddly specific and asking him what kind of disaster cringe could possibly solve.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Flame Majesty is only ever referred to by his OCs name. He even introduces himself as such.
- Oh, Crap!: Pen and the other ponys reaction to Flame Majesty defeating the Princesses.
- La Résistance: Pen and a couple other ponies form one at the end of episode 2.
- Shipper on Deck: An oddly dark example. Flame Majesty says that the non-unicorn will probably either be shipped or slaughtered.Pen: I volunteer to be shipped with Trixie!
- Straw Fan: Despite claiming themselves bronies, Flame Majesty and his gang definitely do not show much respect to the ponies, they claim to be fans of.