The story is told entirely through animation and sound without dialogue. From what we can understand from the first episode and the teaser, the world is devoid of color almost entirely, being grey-scaled, save for a few individuals, most especially the Red Monarch and their associates.
The first episode follows a partially colored individual as he finds two other people in the forest, both are more grey than he is. He seems to be old friends with the hooded one and the trio stay at a clearing near a large rock. The episode ends on a Cliffhanger.
Color Theory provides examples of the following tropes:
- Cliffhanger: The first episode.
- Dodge the Bullet: Downplayed. Hooddude dodged a rock, which consequently allowed them to dodge a bullet.
- Genki Guy: Boxbro, the first character we see on screen. He walks in an exaggerated march, as well as plays pranks on his friends, especially Pentagirl.
- No Name Given: All the characters are currently unnamed, save for the Red Monarch themselves.
- Scenery Porn: In a way. The greyscaled and simple landscapes have a sort of beauty to them.