The Colin Mochrie vs. Jesus H. Christ fanimutrilogy is a series of Animutations by Andrew Kepple. All of them were created in 2003, and were among the most well-known animutations outside of those by Neil Cicierega. The trilogy consisted of the following:
- French Erotic Filmnote (from "Opblaaskrokodil" by Ome Henk)
- Plan 9 From Underpants (from "De Kabouterdans" of Kabouter Plop)
- Conquest of Animutopianote (from "Conquest of Paradise" of 1492: Conquest of Paradise)
- French Erotic Birthday (made in the first anniversary of French Erotic Film, with some alterations, additional mondegreens and a new ending)
Throughout the trilogy, Colin Mochrie was a big animutation star, but initially refused to make a new appearance in a fanimutation until he was turned into a Scotsman. Fearing the effects, other Animutation characters summoned Jesus H. Christ with their combined powers and defeated him. Upon Colin's fall, Jesus took over and started a cruel reign of Animutopia to prevent the use of animutation characters in fanimutationsnote . Colin escaped the reign and became largely forgotten, but then trained in an effort to fight JHC and put an end to the animupartheid.
The trilogy contains examples of:
- All Your Powers Combined: Used to summon Jesus to fight off a rampaging Scottish Colin Mochrie.
- Big Bad: Jesus, who actually is Mike Brady in disguise as part of an effort to have revenge on Colin, because the latter has become a breakout success while the former was relegated as "that Pokerap guy".
- Big Good: The Space Leprechaun dressed as Darth Vader.
- Brick Joke: "French Erotic Film" asks the question "Is Friends still on?", when the question is asked again in "French Erotic Birthday" the answer is "No. :p"
- Disney Villain Death: Mike Brady fell into the depths of Hell after being defeated by Colin.
- Dream Sequence: Colin goes through one, as he reflects back to his animutation stardom. Afterwards he recovered to defeat JHC.
- Epileptic Flashing Lights: When Jesus unleashes the Kamehame Hadoken on Colin in "French Erotic Film":"And thus, Colin had a seizure and went back to doing Fanimutation cameos again."
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Colin's reaction to fighting the Star Wars Kid in "Conquest of Animutopia".
- Finish Him!: JHC did so to Colin Mochrie the second time they fought.
- Flatline: Princess Diana's head had flatlined after an incident with a windy shaky driver. Doesn't look like they'll revive her. In "French Erotic Birthday", the Mondegreen was changed, making her die because the instrument wasn't an electrocardiogram. This is a microwave oven.
- God Is Evil: Jesus H. Christ becomes a cruel dictator in "Plan 9 From Underpants". Subverted, as it's actually Mike Brady in a plastic Jesus costume.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Used by both of the titular characters, first by Jesus who gave Colin a seizure, then finally by Colin to not only reveal Mike Brady as the real perpetrator, but win the whole thing.
- Mondegreen: The whole trilogy is loaded with them, as was the standard of several animutations. One in Conquest of Animutopia helped Colin reflect on his stardom and have what it takes to fight back:Will Colin be defeated?
Will Colin leave or are
We wrong, Canadian leader?
- Moral Event Horizon: If Jesus/the Random Pokerap Guy didn't cross it with Animupartheid (the genocide of all fanimutation characters), he definitely crossed it when he killed Colin.
- Motive Rant: Mike Brady gives one after he has been exposed as the true identity of Jesus H. Christ."Yes... It was ME all along! Now to reveal my motivations and cunning scheme: I was the star of the first ever animutation, The Japanese Pokérap, and Colin Mochrie was just a background image, there for effect. I said all the major lines, I got all the big roles, and HE just happily free-transformed around in the background, filling in some of the blanks! I am the one who did all the hard work, and yet HE went on to become the great Animutation character! Then the art of Animutation was polluted by those infidel copycats, who continued to use Colin and NOT ME! So I resolved to take my revenge by harnessing the ancient power of Animutation to take over Teh World!!!!! MUAHA!!!1 LOLROFL!!1 LOLOLROFLMAO!!1"
- Non-Indicative Name: "French Erotic Film" is none of those, as the animation has absolutely nothing to do with porn from France. Just a mondegreen derived from the Dutch phrase "Weet je wat ik wil"note
- No Animals Were Harmed: When SpongeBob SquarePants grabs the singing Scotsman's ass in "French Erotic Film", a footnote quickly explains that "No Scotsmen were sexually harassed by SpongeBob SquarePants in the making of this Fanimuation."
- "French Erotic Birthday" corrects this to "One Scotsman was sexually harassed by SpongeBob SquarePants in the making of this Fanimuation."
- The Reveal: JHC was Mike Brady, the star of Neil Cicierega's first official animutation The Japanese Pokerap, all along, and he was jealous of Colin's stardom since "Hyakugojyuuichi!!". The video actually calls him the "Random Pokerap Guy".
- Sacrificial Lion: At the end of the second video, the Space Leprechaun dressed as Commander Keen is crucified by JHC's forces, spurring Colin's mission of vengeance.
- Shout-Out: Several, not just towards the (f)animutations of the time, but also quite a few others:
- Not only is the death chime for Commander Keen appearing at the end of French Erotic Film, Keen himself appears to bounce the way he does when losing a life after the Space Leprechaun dressed as him got crucified. In fact, the Korathians of Commander Keen 5 set the plot of French Erotic Film by transforming people into Scotsmen, in itself a reference to one of the sketches in Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- Namely first, Vader wants to do some stuff for you.
- When Colin and Jesus finally come to blows, and Colin was just about to lose, a FINISH HIM! appears
- Both Jesus and Colin respectively did a Kamehameha at each other, and Colin even had a Super Saiyan form in Conquest of Animutopia.
- Take My Hand: Colin did so with Mike Brady when the arena floor collapsed, but the patrons don't approve so he let go, sending him down to Hell.
- The End... Or Is It?: At the end of "Conquest of Animutopia", after Colin defeats Jesus and brings peace back to the world, Nicholas crashes his space-ship from "Jamezbond" back to Earth... but it turns out he's just here to start the credits sequence.
- Training Montage: The Space Leprechauns put Colin through one in the style of a Mortal Kombat tournament, viewable in ST3R3-0-Vision.note
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: During the All Your Powers Combined sequence, heart was crossed off and in its place was 'spleen', with the trope being the reason near-verbatim.
- World-Healing Wave: When Colin is revived in the finale, all the executed fanimutation characters are brought back to life.