The Colin Mochrie vs. Jesus H. Christ fanimutrilogy is a series of Animutations by Andrew Kepple. All of them were created in 2003, and were among the most well-known animutations outside of those by Neil Cicierega. The trilogy consisted of the following:
- French Erotic Filmnote (from "Opblaaskrokodil" by Ome Henk)
- Plan 9 From Underpants (from "De Kabouterdans" of Kabouter Plop)
- Conquest of Animutopianote (from "Conquest of Paradise" of 1492: Conquest of Paradise)
- French Erotic Birthday (made in the first anniversary of French Erotic Film, with some alterations, additional mondegreens and a new ending)
Throughout the trilogy, Colin Mochrie (of Whose Line Is It Anyway? fame) was a big animutation star, but initially refused to make a new appearance in a fanimutation until he was turned into a Scotsman. Fearing the effects, other Animutation characters summoned Jesus H. Christ with their combined powers and defeated him. Upon Colin's fall, Jesus took over and started a cruel reign of Animutopia to prevent the use of animutation characters in fanimutationsnote . Colin escaped the reign and became largely forgotten, but then trained in an effort to fight JHC and put an end to the animupartheid.
The trilogy contains examples of:
- All Your Powers Combined: Used to summon Jesus
- Big Bad: Mike Brady
- Big Good: The Space Leprechaun dressed as Darth Vader.
- Brick Joke: "French Erotic Film" asks the question "Is Friends still on?", when the question is asked again in "French Erotic Birthday" the answer is "No. :p"
- Disney Villain Death: See Take My Hand
- Dream Sequence: Colin goes through one, as he reflects back to his animutation stardom. Afterwards he recovered to defeat JHC.
- Epileptic Flashing Lights: When Jesus unleashes the Kamehame Hadoken on Colin in "French Erotic Film":"And thus, Colin had a seizure and went back to doing Fanimutation cameos again."
- Fascinating Eyebrow: Colin's reaction to fighting the Star Wars Kid in "Conquest of Animutopia".
- Finish Him!: JHC did so to Colin Mochrie the second time they fought.
- Flatline: Princess Di's head after an incident with a windy shaky drivernote
- God Is Evil: Jesus H. Christ becomes a cruel dictator in "Plan 9 From Underpants". Subverted, as it's actually Mike Brady in a plastic Jesus costume.
- Kamehame Hadouken: Used by both of the titular characters
- Mondegreen: The whole trilogy is loaded with them.
- Non-Indicative Name: "French Erotic Film" is none of those, as the animation has absolutely nothing to do with porn from France. Just a mondegreen derived from the Dutch phrase "Weet je wat ik wil"note
- No Animals Were Harmed: When SpongeBob SquarePants grabs the singing Scotsman's ass in "French Erotic Film", a footnote quickly explains that "No Scotsmen were sexually harassed by SpongeBob SquarePants in the making of this Fanimuation."
- "French Erotic Birthday" corrects this to "One Scotsman was sexually harassed by SpongeBob SquarePants in the making of this Fanimuation."
- The Reveal: JHC was Mike Brady, the star of Neil Cicierega's first official animutation The Japanese Pokerap, all along, and he was jealous of Colin's stardom since "Hyakugojyuuichi!!".
- Sacrificial Lion: At the end of the second video, the Space Leprechaun dressed as Commander Keen is crucified by JHC's forces, spurring Colin's mission of vengeance.
- Shout-Out: Several, not just towards the (f)animutations of the time, but also quite a few others such as Star Wars, Commander Keen, Mortal Kombat, Dragon Ball Z and Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- Take My Hand: Colin did so with Mike Brady when the arena floor collapsed, but the patrons don't approve so he let go, sending him down to Hell.
- The End... Or Is It?: At the end of "Conquest of Animutopia", after Colin defeats Jesus and brings peace back to the world, Nicholas crashes his space-ship from "Jamezbond" back to Earth... but it turns out he's just here to start the credits sequence.
- Training Montage: Viewable in ST3R3-0-Vision
- What Kind Of Lame-Ass Power Is 'Heart' Anyway?: During the All Your Powers Combined sequence, heart was crossed off and in its place was 'spleen', with the trope being the reason.