An object show from Romania, Challenge to Win is an animated web show created by Mandea Catalin (or, for the sake of you not wanting to butcher the pronunciation of his name, 100dcx). Being an object show itself, you might already know the premise (it's a competition Game Show). It made its debut on Scratch on September 20th, 2012 and transitioned over to YouTube later on.
It currently has two seasons, with its first season having 20 episodes total in its five-year run from 2012 to 2017. It is currently on its second season, alternatively named Challenge 2 Win.
This show provides examples of:
- A Dog Named "Dog": As you are to expect from an object show.
- Animation Bump: Compare the first episode, "The Meeting," to the episode "The New Guest." Or "Not Amused." Or even "Awkward Meeting." Yeah.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Yeah, just about most of the characters on this show. Yellow Spider and Fat Alien being the exceptions.
- Armless Biped:
- FaceHeel Turn: A couple of nice characters ended up becoming mean in the first season.
- Candy Cane goes through one in "Late Christmas."
- Fat Alien went through this in "A Conflict Leads to Mistakes."
- Christmas Episode: A couple of them in season 1: "Christmas Happiness" and "Late Christmas."
- In fact, there have been Christmas-themed games starring Candy Cane officially released on Newgrounds by 100dcx himself, Candy Cane's Chilly Christmas and Candy Cane's New Years. There's another game called The Hunt for Gifts as well.
- There's also the short "Secret Santa."
- Guest Fighter:
- Party Hat from Brawl of the Objects in season 1, but only because he was recommended by the creator of said show himself.
- Pistachio, an OC of katyj98 who also happens to be the the object mascot of the channel, in season 2.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: 18 main characters in the first season, plus the 15 contestants of the second season. Yeah, that's 33 main characters.
- Sequel Non-Entity: None of the season one contestants came for season two.
- That Poor Cat: When Fat Alien throws his GPS in "A Conflict Leads to Mistakes."
- Unexplained Accent:
- In episode 8, Party Hat (who had a Romanian accent like the other characters) inexplicably switches to an Australian accent on account of being voiced by Plainsvile (Samuel Thronburry). After that episode, he regained the Romanian accent.
- The second season has a few contestants who have American accents as opposed to Romanian like the others.