- I'm beached as, bro.
Beached Az began as a 2008 Australian animated short called Beached Whale about a talking whale beached on the New Zealand coast and his encounter with a local seagull. Thanks to a good dose of Memetic Mutation, the series was picked up by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 2009 and a further 10 episodes were produced, each showing either his encounter with a new local, an attempt to get back into the ocean or get fed, or some combination of the above. Of course, the attempts at the latter never succeed, since Status Quo Is God.
This show provides examples of:
- Cloudcuckoolander: The duck.
- Consulting Mister Puppet: The walrus is confident his friend Jason will be able to save the whale. Just one problem: Jason is a coconut.
- Also, the crab is convinced that the larger of his claws is his girlfriend and the smaller is their child.
- Downer Ending: In the series 1 finale, just when it looks like the whale is about to be rescued thanks to a team effort of nearly the entire cast, the crab manages to cut the rope they're using, pretty much sealing the whale's fate.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Since Status Quo Is God. Until the series 2 finale, where the whale finally unbeached.
- Jerkass: The crab.
- Posthumous Character: The stingray (or is he?).
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: The stingray episode.So now you know your problem you can deal with your emotionand have a better life when you return to the... sea
- Talking Animal: Guess.
- Title Drop