Split from Battle for BFDI, Battle For Dream Island: The Power Of Two (also known as The Power Of Two or by the initials TPOT) is the fifth season of the Battle for Dream Island franchise, where 42 contestants are battling for the prize of Limitless Power, and hosted by the number called Two. Following the formula of most Object Shows, the team who loses is put up for elimination. As with the split sister show Battle for BFB, this show is also a vote to save.
The first episode was released on January 10, 2021. It was originally intended to be released on January 9, but it was delayed due to glitches in the intro.
Battle For Dream Island: The Power Of Two provides examples of:
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Just like Battle for BFDI, the teams in this season have certain colours associated with them:
- Are You Okay: Lime Green
- Death P.A.C.T. Again: Light Blue/Turquoise
- Just Not: Yellow
- Team8s: Pink
- The S!: Periwinkle
- The Strongest Team On Earth: Red
- Eject the Loser: The recommended characters who did not get enough votes are sent down into their own rooms, as shown during the scene where Two discusses the number of teams there should be in the elevator.
- Foreshadowing: In the first episode, when Two tries to tell everyone that it's time for Cake at Stake, no one can hear them when at top of the building, even when yelling. When explaining the rules of the first challenge, once again, no one can hear the 'No going back down' rule, which causes problems for a few of the teams, before beating Two up for not explaining it right and refusing to take responsibility.
- While the group is going down in the elevator, PDA can be seen fiddling with the lock in their room with Shopping Cart cheering them on. In The Stinger, Liy decides to once and for all see what is behind the locked door in the EXIT.
- Meaningful Name: The show is called The Power Of Two, not only because it is split from Battle For BFDI or a formula in mathematics, but because the contestants are battling for the power of Two.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Two suffers one at the hands of the contestants at the end of "You Know Those Buttons Don't Do Anything, Right?" after they blame them for failing to find a way to tell them about the 'No going back down' rule, and forcing them to learn of it the hard way.
- The Bus Came Back: The EXITors, who had been absent in BFB ever since the show split, make a return in The Stinger of the first TPOT episode.
- Title Drop: The first episode's title is a direct quote taken from when Basketball is rapidly pushing the elevator buttons in an attempt to close the elevator and Eggy telling her that they don't do anything.
- To Be Continued: The ending of TPOT 1, ends with the door of the EXIT opened by Liy. Afterwards, the screen reads To Be Continued.
- You Didn't Ask: The reason why it's only starting now when BFB kept going for months after the split was because nobody asked Two if they could start competing.