AOK Ruins Your Childhood is a series of animated shorts by the YouTube channel AOK. Each short consists of a Dark Parody of popular children's media from the 1980s through 2010s.
Adult Arthur, Caillou the Grown Up and Dora the Grown Up have their own pages.
This series provides examples of:
- Art-Style Dissonance: The series uses cartoony art-styles while covering adult topics.
- Body Horror: In an attempt to look better, Johnny Bravo goes through three surgeries: one where the doctor uses a hammer and chisel, a saw, and even a jackhammer to make his face have less wrinkles, but ends up making it stitched and bruised, as well as an enormous forehead and protruding cheekbones, one which makes his legs and butt bigger, and one that makes Johnny's lips horrendously large. The lady Johnny hit on earier can only call him a freak after that.
- Clashing Cousins: Downplayed with Dora and Diego. Dora gets compared a lot to her more successful cousin Diego. It has put a wrench in their relationship.
- Dark Horse Victory: Johnny Bravo's attempt to run for president ends in a success, just like a certain other guy who did so.
- Drowning My Sorrows: After losing her job and getting evicted from her house, Dora goes to the bar to take shots. Boots tags along with her.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In MUPPET ELDERLIES, Fozzie constantly makes jokes at the others' expense.
- First at the beginning:
What's blue and has Alzheimer's? Kermit:
Gonzo! Get it? Wocka wocka wocka!
(Kermit and Piggy give him disapproving looks, while Gonzo sheds a Single Tear
- Then while Bunsen and Beaker try and fix Piggy's broken hip:
Fozzie: Hey everyone! What do you call an old pig with a broken hip?
Fozzie: Lunch! Who wants carnitas? Wocka wocka wocka!
Rowlf: (glares at Animal along with Kermit) Come on, man!
- And when Bunsen and Beaker find out they don't have the Esmolol they need:
Fozzie: What do you call a surgery that doesn't go well?
Rowlf: Fozzie, don't.
Animal: (from offscreen as Kermit glares at Fozzie) Please don't.
Fozzie: An autopsy! Get it? Wocka wocka wocka!
Kermit: You son of a bitch! (throws down his stick and tears Fozzie's face off)
- Growing Up Sucks: The shorts featuring characters as adults have this theme. For example, in the second DORA THE GROWNUP short, Dora loses her job, disappoints her parents, gets a mediocre job as a driver, gets evicted, and goes to drown her sorrows at a bar.
- Hairstyle Inertia: Dora in DORA THE GROWNUP still has her childhood bob haircut.
- No Fourth Wall: In the DORA THE GROWNUP shorts, Dora frequently breaks the fourth wall, however other characters hear her just talking to herself.
- Precision F-Strike:
- Pherb tells Candis to go fuck herself at the end of both Phineas and Ferb parodies.
- Likewise, her mother tells her to get a fucking life in both parodies. Fineas also does this in the first episode.
- Reality Ensues: Dora being a Fourth-Wall Observer, she still talks to the audience. But here, other characters do notice her talking.
- Stepford Smiler: Dora has a miserable life in nothing but deadbeat jobs, but she's still a Plucky Girl.
- The Stoner: Phineas and Ferb (or, Fineas and Pherb, as in the intro) are portrayed as this.
- Tear Off Your Face: Kermit does this to Fozzie in MUPPET ELDERLIES when the latter continues making inappropriate jokes about Miss Piggy dying from complications in her hip surgery.